Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: What Gadgets do you plan on Buying this Holiday Season?
LCD Tablet (iPad, Kindle Fire, Kobo Arc, Nexus 7, Nook Tab, etc) 47 28.83%
Non-LCD eReader (Kindle, Kobo, Nook, Sony, etc) 33 20.25%
Smartphone (Android, iPhone, Windows, etc) 19 11.66%
Media Player (Galaxy Player, iPod touch, etc) 7 4.29%
MP3 Player (Cowon, iPod nano, Sansa Clip, Sony etc) 6 3.68%
Computer (desktop, laptop, netbook, ultrabook, etc) 24 14.72%
Other (please specify) 10 6.13%
No new gadgets for me this holiday season 60 36.81%
Not interested in this thread, but love to vote in polls 9 5.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2012, 03:02 AM   #76
YukiOnna
YukiOnna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YukiOnna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YukiOnna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YukiOnna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YukiOnna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YukiOnna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YukiOnna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YukiOnna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YukiOnna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YukiOnna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YukiOnna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
This season I'm replacing my Toshiba laptop with the Microsoft Surface RT and my HTC HD7 with the Nokia Lumia 920. I'm a big Windows fan. If the PPI were higher on the Surface, somebody else would be getting my Kindle Keyboard for Christmas themselves!
YukiOnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:27 AM   #77
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Gadget fatigue

I'm gonna focus on pimping my gadgets.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2012, 07:14 AM   #78
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
As we head into the darker nights of winter, a front-lit ereader is becoming more attractive to me..... but as long as my Kindle 3 keeps working, I'll probably be waiting until sometime next year to buy either a Kindle PW or Kobo Glo. So nothing for me.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #79
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
smartphone - Galaxy Note 2 it'll be my first smartphone ever
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #80
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
I'm buying:

For my wife - A 32GB iPhone 5
For me - A Sansa Clip
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #81
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
I have to replace my Windows XP box which is obsolete and making funny noises so I am getting an Ultrabook. Also my Android phone is getting long in the tooth and exhibiting some annoying bugs.
--MH
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #82
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
The latest update started rolling out this week. I think they stagger them for automatic updating, but you can go into settings > software update and check for updates and manually install from there. If you've got the latest update, it should also prompt you to add the new search channel to use the new feature.
Thanks. Will check it out
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #83
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
What about an external drive to hold all those audiobook purchases!! No new gadgets for me. Bought 3 this year (one for Mom) and I'm tapped out
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:13 PM   #84
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
I said I wasn't going to buy something, and then I decided maybe I'd get a new e-ink Kindle, and I bought a refurb Nook Color for my younger kid.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #85
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
I love opening presents but can't see the point in waiting to use something just because it's not Christmas yet. So, I usually don't, and then I have nothing to open on Christmas day. Oh well...
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #86
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
You forgot one poll choice:

Holiday? What Holiday?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #87
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
You forgot one poll choice:

Holiday? What Holiday?
I automatically assumed Christmas
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #88
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
I voted other, hoping someone here would post something I would need to get!
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #89
Girl Read Write
Literary Goodness
Girl Read Write began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, iPad 2, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, Samsung Infuse
I plan to buy my husband an iPad mini (he has a Kindle Fire that he hardly ever uses)--and I'm hoping he buys me an iPod.
Girl Read Write is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #90
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Plus, don't know if it's important to you, but streaming with the DVD players, you cannot get Closed Captioning.
I just found that when I moved my Roku from the TV in my kitchen to the TV in my bedroom. We have a wall unit A/C just to make the bedroom extra cold without making the entire house too cold. When it's on, it's hard to hear the TV without blasting it, and well... that defeats the purpose of watching a little tv before falling to sleep. So I keep it at a normal level and turn on the CC. It's way more relaxing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
You can also try a soundbar and/or wireless earphones. I have some Sennheiser wireless headphones, hooked up to the soundbar.
I started using bluetooth receiver w/ sound isolating headphones whenever I was doing dishes, or vacuuming and watching TV. I don't like loud noises and this way I eliminate the bad sound, and don't have the blast the good sound, just to hear it. I have Sony transmitter/receiver that I hook up to my TVs, then use a bluetooth receiver and my fav. earbuds to listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Why did no one ever smile in these old photos.
I don't know, but one of my cousins recently found a pic of my parents and my mother looks as happy and content, as I've ever seen her! I need to get it restored and framed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mom & Dad 1950s.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	95411  
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote