Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
tereza18gr
tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nonne
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 to grace the seas this month

Finally, we have definite word from Samsung that the new Galaxy Note will hit waves soon! No, it’s not the Galaxy Note 2, but rather, the Galaxy Note 10.1, which we last heard about in the Barcelona Mobile World Congress.

It has been confirmed that August is the magic month when the full blown tablet will finally get shipped internationally. Yes, that is this month!

Samsung released a 5-inch Galaxy Note which got acclaim all over. It was a device that mingled between the realms of the smartphone and the realms of the Tablet. Now that Samsung has data that people really buy into touch screen phones that uses the stylus, or Samsung’s S-pen, they are ready to break the barrier and hit the largest screen size they can muster for the Note series. Hence, the Galaxy Note 10.1.

Looking at the new Galaxy Note 10.1, you can see that it resembles the design of the current Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. This is a good thing, as the new design is Apple patent proof, which will lead to fewer headaches for Samsung. The device sports a 5-megapixel back shooter with a 1.9-megapixel front camera. Sound’s familiar? Yes, that is the same front camera for the Samsung Galaxy S3.

There are other things that the Galaxy Note 10.1 and the popular Samsung Galaxy S3 have in common, such as both sporting a quad core processor, as well as the smart stay function that uses the front camera to track your face and see if you are looking at the device. It keeps the screen on, as long as it detects a pair of open eyes.

http://technewsgadget.net/2012/08/ga...as-this-month/

tereza18gr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Full speed ahead.

Damn the Apple patent sharks!
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #3
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
Damn the Apple patent sharks!
Hooyah!
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #4
MidnightBlue
écureuil secret
MidnightBlue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MidnightBlue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MidnightBlue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MidnightBlue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MidnightBlue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MidnightBlue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MidnightBlue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MidnightBlue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MidnightBlue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MidnightBlue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MidnightBlue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Kindle Touch
I want one. I wonder if they will take an iPad 3 as a trade-in?
MidnightBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #5
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
Will it be still a phone?
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #6
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
ugh, can't decide between a note or an s3
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #7
tereza18gr
tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tereza18gr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nonne
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
Good question!
tereza18gr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #8
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
I wish they would make a 7" version that could also be used as a phone. I would get one immediately.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #9
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
If you want the pen, get the Note. If you don't need the pen get the HTC One X. Better built quality than the S3, better screen, comparable speed and features AND it looks a lot better.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #10
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
If you want the pen, get the Note. If you don't need the pen get the HTC One X. Better built quality than the S3, better screen, comparable speed and features AND it looks a lot better.
hmmm..i do love the HTC One X's design, but I don't think I've had an AMOLED screen device before. i wonder how it is for nighttime reading. since it has deeper blacks, i wonder if it's more comfortable to use

i do want the pen too, but i kind of feel awkward using it as a phone unless i opt to get a hands-free. i think i'll wait for Note 2 and see. i teach part-time so a responsive note would be great for jotting down reminders and schedules.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #11
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoryEnthusiast View Post
Will it be still a phone?
No the 10" is a tablet. I the 5" is a phone
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:57 PM   #12
HansTWN
Wizard

Quote:
hmmm..i do love the HTC One X's design, but I don't think I've had an AMOLED screen device before. i wonder how it is for nighttime reading. since it has deeper blacks, i wonder if it's more comfortable to use

i do want the pen too, but i kind of feel awkward using it as a phone unless i opt to get a hands-free. i think i'll wait for Note 2 and see. i teach part-time so a responsive note would be great for jotting down reminders and schedules.
The new LCD on the One X has much more natural colors than the over-saturated AMOLED screens. And while deep blacks are an advantage of AMOLED screens, off-whites are their main drawback. Which might also irritate you when reading. Just a tip from me to take other devices into consideration, you should always check them out and decide for yourself. Your eyes are the final judge, obviously. I don't like the Note's pentile screen that much (a friend of mine has one).

Last edited by HansTWN; 08-06-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:02 PM   #13
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
The new LCD on the One X has much more natural colors than the over-saturated AMOLED screens. And while deep blacks are an advantage of AMOLED screens, off-whites are their main drawback. Which might also irritate you when reading. Just a tip from me to take other devices into consideration, you should always check them out and decide for yourself. Your eyes are the final judge, obviously. I don't like the Note's pentile screen that much (a friend of mine has one).
i need to spend some time with one more than just a few minutes in a store. my sister's friend has a Note; when he comes by the house i'll hijack his note for awhile :P i'm also tempted by the S Pen; I have visions of grandeur using it to help me make teaching aids in less time. the new 10.1 tablet looks tempting.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #14
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
I have the S3, and I considered the X. One of the reasons I went with the S3 is the double RAM, the X has issues with background apps due to its lower memory; from the 1GB, only 600MB are available as 400MB are required for VRAM. And from those 600MB, 200 are used for Sense and 200 for the OS, so you really only have 200MB for your apps. On the S3 you have 1200MB for your apps, I have yet to find an app that I opened not available in memory when I go back to it. The S3 is selling like hot cakes, and there's a reason for it, it's currently the best smartphone there is.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:56 PM   #15
HansTWN
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
I have the S3, and I considered the X. One of the reasons I went with the S3 is the double RAM, the X has issues with background apps due to its lower memory; from the 1GB, only 600MB are available as 400MB are required for VRAM. And from those 600MB, 200 are used for Sense and 200 for the OS, so you really only have 200MB for your apps. On the S3 you have 1200MB for your apps, I have yet to find an app that I opened not available in memory when I go back to it. The S3 is selling like hot cakes, and there's a reason for it, it's currently the best smartphone there is.
Yes, that is an advantage (I was under the impression that only the S3 sold in Korea come with 2GB RAM? But there really is no need to use Sense, if that is your concern. So 1GB should be more than enough for most people. And you get a much superior screen with the One X.