Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #16
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I'm so glad someone posted about this. I kept looking at it thinking it "seemed larger"...and wondered if it was just me and my "old eyes".
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #17
JustForFun
Enthusiast
JustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-books

Device: PB360
Since there was no reply, I have to ask again: Is there any way to get rid of the font enlargement by 1px in the book details panel?
JustForFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 03:42 AM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustForFun View Post
Since there was no reply, I have to ask again: Is there any way to get rid of the font enlargement by 1px in the book details panel?
Run calibre from source and change the source code.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #19
JustForFun
Enthusiast
JustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-books

@kovid
This was not really the answer I wanted to hear, but unlike most other calibre users I'm indeed able to change the source. Would you accept the attached patch for one of the next releases?

The attached patch introduces the new tweak "change_book_details_font_size_by" which let the user specify the increase or decrease of the font size in the book details panel and the comments editor in the metadata dialog. The default value is 1 (pixel) to be compatible with the current version. Users which prefer the old behavior can set this tweak to 0 so that the font of the book details should be the same size as the default UI font.
(Hmm, reading this paragraph again I wonder if the tweak shouldn't better be named "increase_book_details_font_size_by".)

The patch was generated with "bzr send -o ..." as described in the user manual.

Off topic: Congratulations and my best wishes to you and your family.
Attached Files
File Type: bin book_details_font_size_tweak.bin (4.8 KB, 140 views)

Last edited by JustForFun; 03-05-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:18 AM   #20
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There's no reason the delta cant be negative. I do not have the time/energy to review a patch right now, and it will get lost in the forum so open a bug report and attach it to that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #21
JustForFun
Enthusiast

Kovid committed an improved version of the patch above for the next version. Starting with Calibre version 0.8.42 you will be able to tweak the font size in the book details to make it bigger or smaller than the normal UI font. To do this, go to Preferences / Tweaks and look for the tweak "Change the font size of book details in the interface".