Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #1
mike.katina
Enthusiast
mike.katina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike.katina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike.katina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike.katina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike.katina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike.katina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike.katina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike.katina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike.katina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike.katina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike.katina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Solution for android 3.2 tablets

Hi, got a solution for android 3.2 tablets (and most likely other versions) . . .

I have an Acer Iconia A100 7" android 3.2 tablet.

Calibre will not see it as it's currently impossible to assign it a drive letter, even with the latest drivers and tools from Acer.

So here goes, I installed "splashtop Remote Desktop HD" (that was a mouthfull . . .)

http://www.androidxmarket.com/applic...-1-9-5-12.html

Now, I can log into my pc (which is downstairs) from the comfort of my long chair in the gazebo, open Calibre, select the books I want, save them to a folder (I use the desktop) and then copy them to my tablet, when I click home, splashtop disconnects from the pc and everything is back to normal.

This is the best solution I can think of and most likely the best one so far that I've seen (there has to be better but I did not see it, if you know please post it!)

I hope you enjoy and please support Calibre, that's an awesome piece of software.

P.S. (sorry about the link, dunno how to show it differently.)
mike.katina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:37 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Moved to correct subforum.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert