FN LN sort on FN 4 8.70%
LN, FN sort on FN 0 0%
LN only 0 0%
Other 1 2.17%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2011, 11:48 PM   #16
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Underneath the Tag Browser, there is "Manage ..."
See if any of those will do what you need in bulk (or at least at the Author Level)

There is nothing I could find to change all authors to FN LN, but there is a button to 'copy all author sort values to author'. This will put them at LN, FN so I'll just keep it like that.

Thanks,
Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:42 AM   #17
helenj
helenj began at the beginning.

Device: smart phone
I am having trouble with the LN, FN sort. I started using Calibre on a Windows XP system. Yesterday I reformatted the hard drive and am now using Linux. I installed the current Linux version of Calibre 0.8.8 and added my Library's (saved from the Windows system) as existing Library's. The Library's have all being reinstalled and look good. At first glance. However, when adding new books, I have found that the Authors are being sort strangely. Although I have them entered as LN, FN when Sorted they appear as FN, LN. I checked in Edit MetaData and the Author Sort has an extra comma in it.

eg. Author: Painter, Sally in Author Sort: Sally, Painter,

It then is Sorted in the S's for Sally not the P's for Painter.
Help.
helenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2011, 01:30 AM   #18
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
What do you have entered as the value of the Tweak for deriving author_sort from author? The default on a new installation would be to do it by reversing the names in the author field (which is what you say seems to be happening). It sounds as if you had the tweak set on the original system to copy author to author_sort?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:50 AM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenj View Post
I am having trouble with the LN, FN sort. I started using Calibre on a Windows XP system. Yesterday I reformatted the hard drive and am now using Linux. I installed the current Linux version of Calibre 0.8.8 and added my Library's (saved from the Windows system) as existing Library's. The Library's have all being reinstalled and look good. At first glance. However, when adding new books, I have found that the Authors are being sort strangely. Although I have them entered as LN, FN when Sorted they appear as FN, LN. I checked in Edit MetaData and the Author Sort has an extra comma in it.

eg. Author: Painter, Sally in Author Sort: Sally, Painter,

It then is Sorted in the S's for Sally not the P's for Painter.
Help.
The Extra comma is the clue.
Your tweak is set to Invert (default), not Copy

Once that is done.
Open the Tag Browser,
Click the Manage... button at the bottom
Manage Authors.
Click the Recalculate All button
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote