Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-19-2011, 09:30 PM   #1
Farhad
Zealot
Farhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheese

Device: N800/Nokia 5230/PB IQ701/PB 360
Weird PB IQ 701 behavior

Hi,

I am a total noob at the PB IQ 701 and I had a weird experience today: first, I set the screen auto-switch off option at 1min (to save energy when I was not reading). I also noticed that a short key press on the "on/off? button at the top of the PB make the display black. Now I wonder. do either of the two engage a real hibernate mode?

I am asking this because today I had my (brand new) battery full at 75%. I gave it a short keypress on the top on/off switch and thought that it would go into a real hibernation. I had a 60mins drive from the convention center where I was to home, but by time I was home the battery was a 0% - totally empty, drained, So I guess even though the screen was black, the unit was very much up and running, right?

So is there *REAL* hibernate mode for the PB IQ 701? One which could almost have no drain on the battery, even if used for many days?

This is particularly important since the bootup time of my PB IQ 701 is a ridiculously long 60 seconds or so.

So do you guys always switch the PB IQ 701 off when you are not going to use it for, say 20mins?! Or is there a way to engage a *REAL* hibernation mode?

Thanks,

Farhad
Farhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 06:44 AM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
The single press is (apparently) supposed to be a sleep/hibernation mode.
But it spontaneously wakes up from undetermined reasons; might be the motion sensor..

I've put mine to sleep and come back the next day to find the battery exacty as I left it and other times I come back in a few hours to find it drained. Lately I just turn it off if I'm not going to use it for a while. Boot time isn't bad.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
Farhad
Zealot
Farhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheese

ok, thanks for the info!
Old 02-21-2011, 02:45 PM   #4
musicman2523
Groupie
musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.musicman2523 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pocketbook iq 701
wireless

you may have had your wireless enabled. Turn it off unless you're going to use it................it's a big battery drainer.
musicman2523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:12 PM   #5
Farhad
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman2523 View Post
you may have had your wireless enabled. Turn it off unless you're going to use it................it's a big battery drainer.
maybe, in particular if the unit is looking for a hotspot and cannot grab one. yep - you might well be right
Advert
Old 02-21-2011, 04:51 PM   #6
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
wifi is not the reason ... see this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ighlight=sleep

I still have not figured out which app is waking the unit up.

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:35 PM   #7
Farhad
Zealot

well, let's hope that Android 2.1 and a better firmware comes out soon.

Does anybody know when that is scheduled?

Tags
hibernation, pb iq 701