Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-17-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
srhaber
srhaber began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
ATSFontGetFileReference failed: error -50

I am trying to convert an ePub to a PDF. Unfortunately, the process keeps failing with the following error message:

<Error>: ATSFontGetFileReference failed: error -50.

After doing some research, I discovered that the Apple Type Services for Font References has been deprecated.
http://developer.apple.com/legacy/ma...ce/ATS/ATS.pdf

This note particularly caught my attention:
"Important: Apple Type Services for Fonts is deprecated in Mac OS X v10.6 and later. Please use Core Text instead."

Has anyone else run into this issue?

I am running Calibre v0.7.33 on a MacBook Pro 17", 3.06GHz, 10.6.5 (Snow Leopard)
srhaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:28 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you have a font on your system that fontconfig/Qt is unable to handle.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
srhaber
srhaber began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Do you have any suggestions how I can further debug this (find the font at fault)?
srhaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:44 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not really, I don't know an awful lot about OS X.

But what I would do is assume its not a system font, rather a user installed font, so look in locations like

~/.fonts

~/Library/fonts

or wherever else user fonts are stored in OS X
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub pdf mac ats convert