Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #16
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
That is why I like the black Friday sales so much. It is pure heaven to be able to rough up another shopper for shoving past you.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:57 PM   #17
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
That is why I like the black Friday sales so much. It is pure heaven to be able to rough up another shopper for shoving past you.
Letting out a little frustration, are we?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2010, 09:08 PM   #18
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
It is the only night a year where it is acceptable to run over someone for a two dollar DVD.

happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:46 AM   #19
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
Most of my other pet peeves are with drivers. Like slowpokes in the left lane. Not using signals. Driving too close. I could go on forever...
Or slowpokes in the middle lane, when there's plenty of room on the right lane. I always give them a filthy look when I pass them, but most of the time they don't know they're doing something wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
Also, people that stop in the middle of the aisle at a grocery/department store so nobody can pass them while they take their sweet time looking at the items on the shelves.
At the store where I do my grocery shopping, it's usually old people catching up with each other. And when I say 'excuse me' because I have to pass, they look at me like I'm the one who did something wrong

But what gets on my nerves the most is people's behaviour on the train. Putting your backpack on an empty seat during rush-hour and then sighing really loud because someone asks you if the seat is free and you have to move your bag ? Refusing to move over so another person can sit down as well ? I've been known to lash out at people who display such antisocial behaviour.
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:52 AM   #20
AGB
Headbutting stupidity
AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
singling someone out that is not involved in a discussion and able to speak up for themselves. c'mon seriously?
First of all, I'm not "singling" anyone out. On the contrary, I'm saying he is correct, and I was one of the people who had it wrong. I am not singling him out - quite the contrary.
Secondly, his pet peeve gave my the idea to this thread, because it got me thinking, and thirdly, I posted in the other thread, that his explanation inspired me to this thread and linked to it.

So, in short, understand what I write, instead of imagining things that aren't there and go off on an unsubstantiated tangent, and accuse people of something that just isn't happening.

Oh, yes, and that is one my other pet peeves: People who really doesn't bother reading what is actually written, but instead choose to make-believe and pretend ulterior motives is in play.
AGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2010, 02:55 AM   #21
AGB
Headbutting stupidity
AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS650
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddos View Post

And AGB, no offense intended from the other thread
No real offense taken

Thanks for joining in
AGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:00 AM   #22
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
What really pet-peeves me off;
I try to get a complaint through to some company by phone.
First thing I know:
I can choose between 5 options.....
again between 5 options......
again between 5 options
(I'm already starting to loose my temper)............
some darned Abbamusic (excuse DesertGrandma) puts me in hold..............
" there are 1700 customers before you're on..............
again that music
(by then; steam is coming out of my ears)....................
ha! a human voice..............
I don't think we can reimburse you.....................
yes; you are right.............
no, it can't be done................
well, I really can't do anything about it....................
(by that time I feel like a complete fool, realise I shouldn't have called them in the first place and I had vowed not to do so, after the last time).
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:15 AM   #23
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Most phone systems have shortcuts. 9 times out of 10, if you just pound on 0 enough times the automated system will give up and send you to a person. You still have to deal with long hold times and people who don't know what they're doing, but I do this all the time with Comcast, UPS, and many others.

When all else fails and you can't get any satisfaction, it's time to turbo. Use this sparingly, or you'll ruin it for everybody.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:23 AM   #24
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Most phone systems have shortcuts. 9 times out of 10, if you just pound on 0 enough times the automated system will give up and send you to a person. You still have to deal with long hold times and people who don't know what they're doing, but I do this all the time with Comcast, UPS, and many others.

When all else fails and you can't get any satisfaction, it's time to turbo. Use this sparingly, or you'll ruin it for everybody.
There's a really good website for UK users http://www.saynoto0870.com/, which gives you the telephone numbers which have real people on the end, for many of those companies who use non-geographical - often contracted out - so called "customer services". If all you want to do is order a replacement grommit for your wingding it's probably better to use the published number, but these alternatives can be useful if the official channels haven't worked.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:10 AM   #25
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
As well as those who abuse the privilege of the handicapped stickers. Like the ones who drive their relatives car (without the relatives) and use the sticker.
I agree 100%%

Quote:
Most phone systems have shortcuts. 9 times out of 10, if you just pound on 0 enough times the automated system will give up and send you to a person.
I hate those systems, as soon as one picks up and starts talking I start pushing zero. I especially hate the ones that want you to talk and say your choices.

My other pet peeves are:
irregardless
Sales people who think web sites and databases can be designed, created, tested, and moved live in a matter of days
People that cook fish for lunch in the microwave in the lunchroom
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:38 PM   #26
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
People smacking their gum, especially if they do so LOUDLY! I know a woman who cannot chew gum without it making a little cracking sound every time she bites down. How the hell does she do that? And then others just chew with their mouth wide open.

My daughter learned that if she is chewing gum and I put my hand out, palm up, I want her to spit it out because she is smacking.

Even thinking about it is driving me bonkers.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #27
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
People smacking their gum, especially if they do so LOUDLY! I know a woman who cannot chew gum without it making a little cracking sound every time she bites down. How the hell does she do that? And then others just chew with their mouth wide open.

My daughter learned that if she is chewing gum and I put my hand out, palm up, I want her to spit it out because she is smacking.

Even thinking about it is driving me bonkers.
Or eating with their mouths open
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:57 PM   #28
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
nosepicking makes my stomach heave to unbelievalble heights; just by typing this I begin to feel quite .......................perhaps I should see a shrink about it.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:09 PM   #29
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
People who follow you from topic to topic and post because they have to prove you wrong....

People who mess with my tea canister alignment...

Puppy dogs who wake me up 45 minutes early because they want to play...
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:13 PM   #30
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Cashier/customer service bashing. I *am* one...so it drives me completely out of my mind when people start bashing the "stupid cashier who waited on me last night".
I realize not every cashier is the best and brightest...but there are some of us that ARE!!

People who think reading is "a time waster".

Everyone being so darn touchy these days!

(hey, y'all asked....going off to the corner now!)
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote