Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-08-2007, 04:40 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Bug turns iRex iLiad into color-mode

Tired of waiting for E Ink, Plastic Logic & co. to get you e-paper in color? There may be a light at the end of your tunnel. R2D2 has found a bug which turns the screen of his good old iRex iLiad into color.

Brings tears to my eyes it does.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:21 AM   #2
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
If my memory is not totally bad, there was a similar "bug 2 color mode" post or thread on MR in the past . -> It's a canard, I decided instantly.

Hey, I found out you can't search for "bug color iLiad" because "bug" has got only 3 letters not "minimum word length (4)".

Last edited by yokos; 06-08-2007 at 08:24 AM.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:28 AM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos View Post
If my memory is not totally bad, there was a similar "bug 2 color mode" post or thread on MR in the past . -> It's a canard, I decided instantly.

Hey, I found out you can't search for "bug color iLiad" because "bug" has got only 3 letters not "minimum word length (4)".
But you can always use google!
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ad&btnG=Search

In fact, there used to be a Google site search box right on the front page, but it's one of the redesign casualties. You didn't expect to get the modernized and improved MobileRead for "nothing" did you?! ;-)
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:14 AM   #4
R2D2
Mad Scientist
R2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litter

Device: Zaurus, HTCMagician, iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell View Post
but it's one of the redesign casualties. You didn't expect to get the modernized and improved MobileRead for "nothing" did you?! ;-)
And the avatars are gone as well. At least the images of them... Although the bug is nice, I would like to have my old one back.

OK, I had to clear the browser cache to get them back. Sorry!

Last edited by R2D2; 06-08-2007 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Problem solved
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:43 AM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
And the avatars are gone as well. At least the images of them... Although the bug is nice, I would like to have my old one back.
Ahh but but... nobody told us they were gone... and now they are back. (btw I like your new avatar, R2D2)
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote