Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 07-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #31
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabran View Post
I have an OLD intel Macbook (2007)
running an Old version of the OS (10.4)
for logistical reasons I wont be up grading it
Dude, WHY do you still have Tiger?! Most of the people using PowerPCs are even on Leopard.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #32
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
"Most of the people using PowerPCs are even on Leopard."
I am a visual effects artist & animator

DEMO REEL

upgrading My OS right now would break several very expensive 3D & VFX programs requiring me to
$$upgrade them as well$$
Cant afford the Expense &I dont need the latest OS to be productive for my current Client Database.

Beside the point anyway.
The kindle fire does not need a separate "gateway" Application( ala itunes) on our PC's& Macs as it would
be a restriction for users who want to forego the "cloud" and sideload content IMHO.
Anabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #33
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabran View Post
"Most of the people using PowerPCs are even on Leopard."
I am a visual effects artist & animator

DEMO REEL

upgrading My OS right now would break several very expensive 3D & VFX programs requiring me to
$$upgrade them as well$$
Cant afford the Expense &I dont need the latest OS to be productive for my current Client Database.

Beside the point anyway.
The kindle fire does not need a separate "gateway" Application( ala itunes) on our PC's& Macs as it would
be a restriction for users who want to forego the "cloud" and sideload content IMHO.
Ahh, right. I understand. And very nice!

And I agree. I like that I can sideload stuff from any machine I have. It's easier. Even better, I can unload my doubleTwist content back onto any machine, you can't do that natively with iOS/iTunes. The only reason I even use iTunes is to grab iTunes U content for my Kindle.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:01 PM   #34
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
That's why I'm not responding to it.
Can you point me to the thread, it might be interesting.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote