Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-23-2012, 05:15 AM   #16
Aleyst
Zealot
Aleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with others

Device: PW (7th Gen), PW (10th Gen)
YIPPEEEEE! Using the images from hostar I fixed the darn thing.
Thanks for your help.

UPDATED!

Last edited by Aleyst; 06-23-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Aleyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:48 AM   #17
eleventeen
eleventeen began at the beginning.

Device: k4nt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleyst View Post
YIPPEEEEE! Using the images from hostar I fixed the darn thing.
Thanks for your help.

UPDATED!
Hey could you please post a link to those images?.

Been trying to fix my kindle 4nt all day with the guide from
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=180789
and the files from pastebin , but it allways fails on the last reboot and gets stuck in the diag screen again.

I'm a sydney local as well ($99 woolworths deal?) , could it maybe be a region thing?.
eleventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:03 AM   #18
kirokko
Member Retired
kirokko began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
I think that he used kernel from this post by hostar.
I described my problem and I just reflashed kernel and diags_kernel from that post and Kindle boots normally!

Thank you hostar!
kirokko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:45 AM   #19
Aleyst
Zealot
Aleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with othersAleyst plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleventeen View Post
I'm a sydney local as well ($99 woolworths deal?) , could it maybe be a region thing?.
I wish!

Got mine for Christmas from dick smith for 139.

And the poster above has the correct links...

Word of warning. The Mmcblk0p1file is uncompressed and the dl rate is crap.

Best luck!

Last edited by Aleyst; 06-24-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #20
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:

Best luck!
Bummer. It took a lot of coaxing to get dasmoover to compress (most of) his images. We need to get hostar's links offsite ASAP for obvious reasons, and I do not have pastebin access from here due to some local government policy. WTF?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #21
Aleyst
Zealot

What's the best compression method? It's a bin file, whats the difference between that and the other which is an img file?
Old 06-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #22
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
What's the best compression method? It's a bin file, whats the difference between that and the other which is an img file?
Probably only the name.
Filename extensions are not significant to *nix (only to the people who use it).

Use gzip, it is "good enough" and widely supported, even on M$-Windows (use: 7zip).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #23
Aleyst
Zealot

What's the best place to upload it?
Old 06-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #24
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
You get the best compression with bzip2, or with .7z (from my limited experience). I suggest MediaFire. It has not been replaced by an FBI warning yet, like you see when you try to download all the good stuff for Nook hacking...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #25
eleventeen

Quote:
I wish!

Got mine for Christmas from dick smith for 139.

And the poster above has the correct links...

Best luck!
Cheers guys I found that post not long after I posted and took a gamble and started downloading it . Was only getting 11k a second and said it was going to take over 6 hours so I went to bed hoping it would be finished by morning. Unfortuatly it had shit it self at about 1/3 of the way through so I have to start again this morning :-( . Noticed the link has changed to a zip file now , fingers crossed this one downloads ok.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:14 PM   #26
Aleyst
Zealot

If the dl still takes to long, try the paste bin mirror, it's got 7z links on media fire that i uploaded.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #27
eleventeen

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you

My kindles working again with Hostars mmcblk0p1.bin .

It finaly rebooted at the last step :-) , took a little while and I didn't think It had worked at first but its working now .
So so happy

Once again thank you so much , this thread saved me .
Old 06-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #28
Aleyst
Zealot

Awesome!

Glad you got it working!