Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #1
Eskil
Eskil began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Unhappy Font changed for Book Detail

Hello!

I upgraded to 0.8.39, installed a couple of plugins and now I notice that the font used for Metadata (both in the window for Fetching Metadata and Book Detail of r example) has changed. Why did this happen? Did one of the plugins mess up? Was it a deliberate change in 0.8.39 or did I manage to mess something up in the Preferences?

How do I return to the way it was setup? What is the default font for the Metadata?

Thanks in advance for any help.

/Eskil
Eskil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskil View Post
Hello!

I upgraded to 0.8.39, installed a couple of plugins and now I notice that the font used for Metadata (both in the window for Fetching Metadata and Book Detail of r example) has changed. Why did this happen? Did one of the plugins mess up? Was it a deliberate change in 0.8.39 or did I manage to mess something up in the Preferences?

How do I return to the way it was setup? What is the default font for the Metadata?

Thanks in advance for any help.

/Eskil
And your O/S is
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #3
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Same thing here. All I did is update to today's version. It is quite noticeable.

Calibre Portable on a Vista 32 PC.

Edited to add: The rest of the interface is the same, only the metadata window and Book Details pane has changed.

Last edited by CWatkinsNash; 02-10-2012 at 07:45 PM.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

what does you Interface font setting say in Preferences: Look and Feel?
Old 02-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #5
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

MS Shell Dlg 2 [8pt]
Old 02-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #6
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Screenshots! The before is 8.35 because I happened to still have a copy of that zip in my downloads, but the change actually happened coming from 8.38. The "after" is 8.39. But at least you can see the difference that I'm seeing.

Edited to add: Just to be sure, after I took these I checked again after copying the same settings folder to both versions, and got the same results as what is in the screenshots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	version835.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	82421   Click image for larger version

Name:	version839.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	82422  

Last edited by CWatkinsNash; 02-10-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Screenshots! The before is 8.35 because I happened to still have a copy of that zip in my downloads, but the change actually happened coming from 8.38. The "after" is 8.39. But at least you can see the difference that I'm seeing.

Edited to add: Just to be sure, after I took these I checked again after copying the same settings folder to both versions, and got the same results as what is in the screenshots.

I ditched MSdlg as it kept changing (other installs/settings) and causing issues. I use 'Liberation Sans 9pt'
Guess I just did not notice
Old 02-10-2012, 10:12 PM   #8
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

I never felt the need to change it, until now. Now I'm using Leelawadee 9pt.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:29 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is actually the result of a change in the underlying Qt library version 4.8.0. It required a change in how the font is specified for components that display HTML. There's no way to get the old behavior back. You may or may not notice the change, depening on what fonts you have setup in Preferences->Look & Feel and what fonts you have on your system.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:52 AM   #10
Eskil

Aha.. THat's the explanation in that case.

The problem that it is causing is that I am having a hard time finding a font that looks good both in the main interface and the metadata side bar. Any chance of changing the behavior so we can change these elements one at a time?

If it makes any difference I'm using the Mac OS X version and it is set at the moment to use Lucida Grande (13 pt). Default I think but it is way to "fat" in the side bar.

/Eskil
Old 02-11-2012, 07:10 AM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The book details panel uses the same font as the main interface at a font size 1px larger than the main interface.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:39 AM   #12
Eskil

In my world the Book Details (and other metadata windows) should use a smaller font so you see more information at once.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Depends on how old you are
Old 02-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #14
Eskil

Haha.. Perhaps it does..
Old 02-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #15
JustForFun
Enthusiast
JustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-booksJustForFun has learned how to read e-books

Device: PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The book details panel uses the same font as the main interface at a font size 1px larger than the main interface.
Is there a way to get rid of the enlargement by 1px?
JustForFun is offline   Reply With Quote