Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-23-2011, 05:21 PM   #1
Gfinch
Junky
Gfinch is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505 and REB-1100
Question No books in iBooks

I have encountered a problem, it may not be Calibre, I don't know. I can transfer books to my original iPad from iTunes with no problem. Lately tho when I use Calibre no books show up in iBooks. Calibre says they are there but nothing on the iPad. 0.7.57 was the last version that worked. 0.8.2 and all in between did not. I re-installed 0.7.57 and the problem still persists. I un-installed iBooks and re-installed and the problem continues.

Any ideas? I really don't want to have to wipe my iPad, that is such a pain. Ideas or help is appreciated.

Thanks
Gfinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Have you followed the directions in the FAQ to properly set up iTunes with calibre?

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:52 AM   #3
Stumbl
Thread Killer
Stumbl began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
When this happened to me it was because I was in the wrong IBooks library. I was in the PDF library looking for EPub .
Stumbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
Gfinch
Junky
Gfinch is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505 and REB-1100
It was all working fine before, the problem appeared suddenly. Calibre was setup to communicate thru iTunes, device driver turned off etc... and there is nothing in iBooks at all, nothing in books or PDF's. I don't want to restore the iPad if it can be avoided, that is such a pain.

Anyone else have this problem?
Gfinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:40 AM   #5
Stampercam
Connoisseur
Stampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to behold

Device: ipad, MiGear
I have my ipad setup like yours, but I haven't had any problems. I upgraded to 8.3 yesterday and my transfers went fine after that, so I don't think that is the problem. Can you see the books in itunes itself?
Stampercam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:42 AM   #6
Stampercam
Connoisseur
Stampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to behold

Device: ipad, MiGear
I have my ipad setup like yours, but I haven't had any problems. I upgraded to 8.3 yesterday and my transfers went fine after that, so I don't think that is the problem. Can you see the books in itunes itself?

I did have a problem a few weeks ago when suddenly the books were no longer in itunes, but calibre thought they were, so I used "remove books from matching device" (just so calibre "knew" what was going on) and then sent to itunes again and had no problem since.
Stampercam is offline   Reply With Quote