Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-19-2008, 05:36 PM   #1
voidcaller
voidcaller began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd ed
Question djvu for 2.12 with installer?

I am new to iLiad. I was able to install FBReader to release 2.12, but is there a djvu viewer for release 2.12 with installer? I have searched the forum, but I am not brave enough to edit the registry...
voidcaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:12 PM   #2
talaivan
Groupie
talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-505
I also am unable to install fbreader under 2.12. I see it on the card (under device manager) but when I select and click it, nothing happens. Any chance of a new installer? Thanks.
talaivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:44 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by talaivan View Post
I also am unable to install fbreader under 2.12. I see it on the card (under device manager) but when I select and click it, nothing happens. Any chance of a new installer? Thanks.
Have you re-requested shell access: iRex iLiad Firmware 2.12 released.

I don't think this is the case with all 3rd party apps, but I also had to reinstall FBReader (because the installer creates links from /usr/local to the CF card).

Alan.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 02:54 PM   #4
Magura
Magura began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad v.2
I need DJVU viewer

Can anybody tell me why FW 2.12 supportes no javadjvu ?
I have installed the sorce from scotty1024 (javadjvu.jar and djvu.sh), have changed registry.xml, but my iLiad only shows djvu files as Mobipocket and thats all.
If I try to open it, it seems to functionate ,but then nothing happens .
I need really DJVU viewer.
Magura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:56 PM   #5
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
"Security Features" added to 2.12 breaks Scotty's DJVU viewer. Basically they locked down the Mobipocket decoder on the iLiad to prevent Mobipocket hacks, but in the process broke that application. Unless Scotty (or some other Java dev) fixes it, you won't be able to use that to view DJVU.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:06 AM   #6
Magura

DJVU and FW 2.12

Thanks for answer!
Is it possible to change FW 2.12 to FW 2.11 and helps it on the whole with DJVU? Excuse me I am just beginner in Linux.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:59 PM   #7
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
The reason why Scotty's javadjvu not compatible with FW2.12 is that some API (ErUtil) provided in Irex SDK is changed. It only requires a small modification (in source code) to make it runnable on FW 2.12.

Last edited by ericshliao; 03-18-2008 at 05:57 PM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:02 AM   #8
Magura

DJVU and FW 2.12

Can anybody do it ? I am not good in Linux and in iRex SDK at all
Old 03-21-2008, 01:53 PM   #9
voidcaller
voidcaller began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd ed
hard lesson

So the hard lesson we users learned: NEVER update the working iLiad to new version unless you are sure all good custom viewers are made compatible with it
When I was deciding on e-Reader the DJVU support was the major factor for me. I have a massive 12 DVD library (Math, Biology, Chemistry, ...) which is mostly DJVU. And I am forced to read it on my laptop again except for the most urgent books I printed as pdf.
Could somebody port djvu viewer to 2.12? PLEASE!? Will $10 web money be of help? I mean every user already dished a ton $$ to iRex, surely it worth an extra $10 to be able to use it on the files you like.
voidcaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:30 PM   #10
Martijn
Connoisseur
Martijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-books

Device: iLiad
Thanks for the tip ericshliao. I looked at it and managed to get something working.

See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10813
Martijn is offline   Reply With Quote