Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-09-2020, 04:29 PM   #1
Varming
Varming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Sony PRS-505
Goodreads problem

I've tried many times to set up Goodreads in KOreader (the secret is SO long!) but am sure I typed in the whole thing correctly. The only way to test it (as it doesn't give you a direct response) is to my knowledge to search something. Every search has failed even though I checked and double checked the key and secret.

How do I find out what is going wrong?
Varming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 05:27 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varming View Post
I've tried many times to set up Goodreads in KOreader (the secret is SO long!) but am sure I typed in the whole thing correctly. The only way to test it (as it doesn't give you a direct response) is to my knowledge to search something. Every search has failed even though I checked and double checked the key and secret.

How do I find out what is going wrong?
I'm afraid "Goodreads" is a service almost nobody uses in KO, but my guess is only based in its wiki page: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/wiki/Goodreads and the fact that nobody raised issues in the last 4 years

About debugging: your best bet is to use the emulator on linux, mac or WSL and see if it works there. Whatever your issue is it is probably not related to the device that's running KOReader.

BTW, please update your device list or, at least, say your device platform or model when you ask questions. That could help getting more appropiate answers
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 08:06 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
The least error prone way of handling gnarly secrets is to fake it once in the UI, exit KOReader, then tweak the config file manually.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 08:56 PM   #4
Galunid
Connoisseur
Galunid is faster than slow light.Galunid is faster than slow light.Galunid is faster than slow light.Galunid is faster than slow light.Galunid is faster than slow light.Galunid is faster than slow light.Galunid is faster than slow light.Galunid is faster than slow light.Galunid is faster than slow light.Galunid is faster than slow light.Galunid is faster than slow light.

Device: KPW3, Kobo Clara HD, Onyx Boox Nova 2
I mean, you must have entered the keys wrong. I just tested it on my end and it works. You should follow NiLuJe's suggestion and edit the settings/goodreads_*.lua file in KOReader's folder.

I'm surprised I don't see a way to mark the book as read there though... I tested whole plugin and it works as expected.

EDIT: Added some more information https://github.com/koreader/koreader/wiki/Goodreads

Last edited by Galunid; 11-09-2020 at 09:08 PM.
Galunid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 02:47 AM   #5
Varming
Varming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blueVarming can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galunid View Post
I mean, you must have entered the keys wrong. I just tested it on my end and it works. You should follow NiLuJe's suggestion and edit the settings/goodreads_*.lua file in KOReader's folder.

I'm surprised I don't see a way to mark the book as read there though... I tested whole plugin and it works as expected.

EDIT: Added some more information https://github.com/koreader/koreader/wiki/Goodreads

Oh, I actually would have thought KOreader synced read status to Goodreads or that I could mark it manually. Anyway - thanks for the link I will do that later today, will be SO much easier than to input it manually
Varming is offline   Reply With Quote