Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 04-01-2022, 02:13 AM   #1
away30
away30 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.away30 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.away30 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.away30 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.away30 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.away30 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.away30 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.away30 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.away30 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.away30 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.away30 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
[kpdfsync] Annotates a PDF file with highlights and notes from 'My Clippings.txt' fil

Hi,
I use my Kindle PW to read PDF documents, but the problem with Kindle and PDF files, is that the highlights and notes made on the Kindle, are not saved on the PDF files. Which means, if I take the document out, I will not have the annotations made to it. This is a huge problem, as all my precious notes are locked on the Kindle device.

In of itself, the 'My Clippings.txt' file is too simple and unless.

So for a few months, I am writing a software which read 'My Clippings.txt' file and can apply the highlights and notes onto a PDF file.

It is still under development, so I would like some feedback. It runs on Windows and Linux. I released a new version today. So I will really appreciate, if some of you can give it a try and see it is useful.

https://github.com/coderarjob/kpdfsy...ag/0.8.0-alpha
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_alpha.png
Views:	235
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	193023  
away30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 09:12 PM   #2
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
This looks like it could be useful to many people. Can you post an example of a source PDF, a clippings text file, and the resultant highlighted PDF?
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2022, 10:23 PM   #3
away30
away30 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.away30 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.away30 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.away30 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.away30 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.away30 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.away30 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.away30 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.away30 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.away30 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.away30 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
This looks like it could be useful to many people. Can you post an example of a source PDF, a clippings text file, and the resultant highlighted PDF?
Sure. Let me prepare something, will post later today.
Thank you.
away30 is offline   Reply With Quote