Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-20-2017, 01:00 AM   #856
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
I was happy to see that in the Note app they added an export function - so now your notes are not stuck in the device forever. Well done, Onyx!
The next step should be adding a search function so you don't need to manually sift through hundreds of notes when looking for a specific one. This is one of the main advantages of using a digital tool over paper...
One step at a time, I guess.
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 11:34 AM   #857
bsnick
Zealot
bsnick began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96+, T68+, Max2, YP2, HiSense A2 Pro
I've just been using the 4.4 firmware with 3rd party apps. One day I might try installing the apps from the ICS firmware on the KK one just to see if they work. After all, didn't Onyx once say they were going to try and make the apps firmware independent, more like regular apps you update without having to reflash everything?
bsnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2017, 06:28 AM   #858
rine111
Connoisseur
rine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: large
Depending on your needs, there seems to be a dealbreaker with 1.8.1.

Apart from the first one, the Recently Read items on the Home page no longer have text as well as icons for each item. It is imposible to tell from an icon which pdf you are looking at, so it is useless.
rine111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 07:04 AM   #859
rine111
Connoisseur
rine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshesrine111 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: large
Furthermore, NeoReader2 is useless for reading any pdfs that you may have highlighted before scanning.

It isimpossible to get the Bold and the Contrast settings so that you can read the highlighted areas as well as the normal text. The highlights are blacked out or the text is far too feint.
rine111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:05 AM   #860
AlejandroA
AlejandroA began at the beginning.

Device: M96
Exports

So, I've been using NeoReader 2.0 and it works pretty well (for what I do with it). Scribble goes smoothly and is prettier than in the old reader. But there is a catch: exported files are awful. Scribble is all blurred and distorted. Has anyone else noticed that?
AlejandroA is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2017, 09:24 PM   #861
tuanvp
tuanvp began at the beginning.

Device: M96 Universe
M96 Universe

I bought the M96 Universe a while back ago but didn't know that it doesn't have bluetooth, can someone please help ?

thanks
tuanvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:46 AM   #862
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuanvp View Post
I bought the M96 Universe a while back ago but didn't know that it doesn't have bluetooth, can someone please help ?

thanks
What makes you think that it doesn't have bluetooth? And if it really doesn't, how can we help?
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 02:12 PM   #863
McGonigle
Connoisseur
McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.McGonigle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad 2018,
Just got around to installing the 2017.01.15 update for my T68 Booxtor. Afaik it seems it doesn't break anything.
McGonigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:46 AM   #864
tuanvp
tuanvp began at the beginning.

Device: M96 Universe
M96 Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmirko View Post
What makes you think that it doesn't have bluetooth? And if it really doesn't, how can we help?
Under Network setup I only see The wifi but no bluetooth. When I look up the status it showed bluetooth address not available. I did flashed to the latest firmware.

thanks
TP
tuanvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:57 AM   #865
geggi69
geggi69 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx T68
Hi
anyone experinced issues with adb on T68? I was following the instruction from booxtor to upgrade Android version to 4.4 but when i type the command 'adb root download' the answer is 'device not found' even if I see the device on windows explorer and I'm able to browse it
geggi69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:46 AM   #866
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by geggi69 View Post
Hi
anyone experinced issues with adb on T68? I was following the instruction from booxtor to upgrade Android version to 4.4 but when i type the command 'adb root download' the answer is 'device not found' even if I see the device on windows explorer and I'm able to browse it
adb devices should list it. if not, enable usb debugging on the t68.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:18 PM   #867
bsnick
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by geggi69 View Post
Hi
Why not just use the mfgtool like they state on this page:

ereader-store.de/en/content/8-downloads

That's how I got KK on mine, not adb. Or are you using some other source of KK other than page?
Old 02-23-2017, 07:23 AM   #868
geggi69
geggi69 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnick View Post
Why not just use the mfgtool like they state on this page:

ereader-store.de/en/content/8-downloads

That's how I got KK on mine, not adb. Or are you using some other source of KK other than page?

indeed it's the page i'm following and it says

Quote:
Step 3

You must set your Boox in download mode now. There are two ways to do it:
Re-boot your device in this mode using a special buttons combination:
power off your device (e.g. long press of power button)
Press PgDn (<) + PgUp (>) + power button for three seconds. The led blinks once but screen remains unchanged. Your device is in download mode now.
Or using adb tool
Download adb package here
Make sure USB debugging mode of your Boox is On (Apps->Settings-> Developer options->USB Debugging should be checked) and connect your device to the PC
Go to the adb folder with unziped files and start Command Prompt
At the command line type: adb reboot download (enter) Your device should change into download mode now
geggi69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:41 PM   #869
bsnick
Zealot

You wouldn't happen to be on Win10, would you? Even with Win8/8.1 I have had difficulties with android devices. I haven't done more than a token effort on Win10, but 8 & 8.1 both worked for mfgtool and adb and other android tools. It's been awhile, but I think it was something about turning off 'driver enforcement' (or something. I'm on Linux atm).
Old 03-02-2017, 05:38 PM   #870
grapiuna
grapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notesgrapiuna can name that song in three notes

Device: Have Onyx Boox M96 (Had KoboGlo, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-900, Kindle).
I have the M96 Universal.
Have anyone tried the new firmware?
The 1.8.1 of the http://ereader-store.de/en/content/8-downloads is the same as the official site?
Thanks
grapiuna is offline   Reply With Quote