Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-27-2021, 09:00 PM   #16
PhastReeder
PhastReeder began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Plugin Rating Incorrect Sometimes

Love the plugin. Worked accurately for about %90 of my books. Some books show up as 0 or blank in the rating column despite having a rating on Goodreads. For Example "Next Stop Execution" shows up as 0 on f_ratimg but is rated 4.17 on Goodreads. I am using the latest version of calibre, and latest f_rating and Goodreads plugins.
Thanks!
PhastReeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:02 AM   #17
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhastReeder View Post
Love the plugin. Worked accurately for about %90 of my books. Some books show up as 0 or blank in the rating column despite having a rating on Goodreads. For Example "Next Stop Execution" shows up as 0 on f_ratimg but is rated 4.17 on Goodreads. I am using the latest version of calibre, and latest f_rating and Goodreads plugins.
Thanks!
First impression
I presume the goodreads-plugin is looking at the audio-cd version of the title, which has a rating of zero.
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2021, 08:18 AM   #18
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhastReeder View Post
Thanks!
with isbn: 5227004536 you get the book version

To prevent selecting audio-books, the original goodreads plugin should be modified.
The goodreads-rating plugin is based ont that one.
I don't modify the original goodreads-plugin, except adding the rating.

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 03-02-2021 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-07-2022, 11:18 AM   #19
alain@expweb.ca
alain@expweb.ca began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Not able to get F_Rating to work

Hi Pr.BarnArt

I installed both plugins:
Goodreads_rating 3.1.0
F_rating 3.2.0

I created the columns and it added it to my main view.

I followed the instructions to download the metadata...but whenever I click on F_Rating, I always get:

calibre, version 5.43.0
Database Update: Finished extracting rating from publisherfield
- for a total of 0 books

...no matter how many books I try.

I took a few screenshots...I hope this helps
https://paste.pics/a326c5d4418af878d676c81025e53182
https://paste.pics/1d7122668a4d31c5a23dfc3b9760aaa6
https://paste.pics/8a7e437fdbb70aacef1490c86765406f
https://paste.pics/52ac5d33f0ceb09c76a0b23715efb52c
https://paste.pics/7842116702f9d92cbe3cbdb50ec29c7e

Also, depending the the route I take to go get the metadata (from the Book Detail window, or from the window where we see all the books), I sometimes get this error
https://paste.pics/c02f6589529fe93d60287f7e5d3254b1

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks
Alan
alain@expweb.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 04:54 AM   #20
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

first: is rating info added to the publishername, after a search with goodreads_rating?

second: if negative, can you give me an example of a book
Advert
Old 06-18-2022, 01:54 PM   #21
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alain@expweb.ca View Post
Hi Pr.BarnArt

I installed both plugins:
Goodreads_rating 3.1.0
F_rating 3.2.0

I created the columns and it added it to my main view.

I followed the instructions to download the metadata...but whenever I click on F_Rating, I always get:

calibre, version 5.43.0
Database Update: Finished extracting rating from publisherfield
- for a total of 0 books

...no matter how many books I try.

I took a few screenshots...I hope this helps
https://paste.pics/a326c5d4418af878d676c81025e53182
https://paste.pics/1d7122668a4d31c5a23dfc3b9760aaa6
https://paste.pics/8a7e437fdbb70aacef1490c86765406f
https://paste.pics/52ac5d33f0ceb09c76a0b23715efb52c
https://paste.pics/7842116702f9d92cbe3cbdb50ec29c7e

Also, depending the the route I take to go get the metadata (from the Book Detail window, or from the window where we see all the books), I sometimes get this error
https://paste.pics/c02f6589529fe93d60287f7e5d3254b1

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks
Alan
I suspect I know why this happens. Goodreads ratings are based on the edition of the book. A book in Goodreads may have many, many editions and some of those editions are manually entered by various librarians with only slight changes that "they" feel make it different from other editions. IF Goodreads Rating should use THAT editon to get it's rating from there might be no ratings.

See attached - Note that it has the same ISBN Number for both books

EDIT: SOrry, but I just realized that this is not the same problem that was listed. alain@expweb.ca stated that this happens ALL the time, so I doubt that my reasoning is the explaination. However, I still might have a point in the ratings delivered
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Best Rating.png
Views:	147
Size:	357.4 KB
ID:	194444   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zero Ratings.png
Views:	126
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	194445  

Last edited by Rellwood; 06-18-2022 at 01:57 PM.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 02:39 PM   #22
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Is it possible to include a number of ratings column?
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 07:54 PM   #23
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Please don't abandon this plugin, will there be support for v6 ?
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 06:12 AM   #24
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
Please don't abandon this plugin, will there be support for v6 ?
Done with new version 4.0.0. available at the start of this thread

Enjoy
Old 07-13-2022, 07:51 PM   #25
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Thanks for this update!!!!
Pr.BarnAt as a suggestion, will it be possible to collect the data shown in the image?
the rating count ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	134
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	195177  

Last edited by dunhill; 07-20-2022 at 08:50 PM.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 09:50 PM   #26
jcnelson
jcnelson began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2
# of ratings modification

Hello,

I love this plug in! Thank you so much for spending time to create and maintain it! I had found a suggested edit to your code that added the count of ratings in the publisher field along with the rating itself (below). Though I am no programmer, I was able to use column formatting in Calibre to parse it and convert the text into 2 separate custom number columns so they were sortable. It really helps me understand how meaningful the rating is. Sadly, with the recent update to 4.0, I can't figure out how to incorporate below into the new version. Is there an easy way to do this or would it need to be re-written by something more capable than myself?

ADDED THIS to your version based on 1.5.1 (I believe):
try:
mi.publisher, mi.pubdate = self.parse_publisher_and_date(root)
# Added 1 line below
mi.publisher = self.parse_rating_withcount(root)
except:
self.log.exception('Error parsing publisher and date for url: %r'%self.url)

THEN ADDED THIS AT THE END:
# Added section below
def parse_rating_withcount(self, root):
# rating_node = root.xpath('//div[@id="metacol"]/div[@id="bookMeta"]/span[@class="value rating"]/span')
rating_node = root.xpath('//span[@itemprop="ratingValue"]')
rating_count = root.xpath('//*[@itemprop="ratingCount"]/@content')
# rating_node = root.xpath('//div[@id="metacol"]/div[@id="details"]/div[@class="buttons"]/div[@id="bookDataBox"]/div/div[@itemprop="inLanguage"]')
self.log.info("parse_rating: rating_node=", rating_node)
if rating_node and len(rating_node) > 0:
try:
self.log.info("parse_rating: have rating node - rating_node[0].text=", rating_node[0].text)
rating_text = rating_node[0].text
rating_value = float(rating_text)
rating_text = rating_node[0].text + " " + rating_count[0]
# rating_text = rating_count[0]
return rating_text
except:
self.log.info("parse_rating: Exception getting rating")
import traceback
traceback.print_stack()
return None
jcnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 11:25 AM   #27
arialvetica
arialvetica began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
The Goodreads_Rating plugin is throwing an error for me this week (perhaps due to installing the newest version of Calibre?)
arialvetica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 05:23 PM   #28
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by arialvetica View Post
The Goodreads_Rating plugin is throwing an error for me this week (perhaps due to installing the newest version of Calibre?)
The original goodreads plugin now supports also the decimal rating. So I think there is no need for this plugin anymore. Also because the original goodreads plugin handles the seperate column for these ratings.
Old 01-28-2023, 09:53 AM   #29
gpuccio87
gpuccio87 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Is it just me?

Is it just me, or has the plugin stopped working?
Anyway, thanks for your work!
gpuccio87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 06:09 PM   #30
ivarrthekean
ivarrthekean began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks to Pr.BarnArt for this excellent plugin. Truly helped in keeping my library nicely curated.

Given that the original goodreads plugin now supports the decimal rating, and Pr.BarnArt's comment about sunsetting this (Goodreads_rating) plugin, I'd like to avoid rescraping my entire library with Goodreads just to get the rating.

is there a relatively painless way to copy the Goodreads_rating values into the Goodreads plugin rating field? I took a quick look at the API, and the sqlite schema, and I'm not familiar enough yet to roll my own method.

Anyone done this? Or have guidance on where to start? I figured the source for both plugins would be my next step.
ivarrthekean is offline   Reply With Quote