Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
zeroday
zeroday began at the beginning.

Device: ipad-2
Unreadable epub Calibre-Server not Windows

As the title says:

I have a number of epub ebooks which are in my library, they can be read in Calibre for Windows, All data and information is fine.. including images etc.

But when I export this library to my headless Linux ubuntu than I have the issue that:

calibre-server is showing the book, is giving me the synopsis of that book, but does not show the cover image anymore, the webpage does not give me a 'get'
and when I use stanza I get an error 404 when trying to download

Time: get 0.0120668411255
xxxx - - [22/Aug/2012:20:02:30] "GET /get/cover/9126 HTTP/1.1" 200 37845 "http://home.xxxxx.xxx:8084/stanza/category/617574686f7273/49313035383a617574686f7273" "Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9B206"
xxxxx - - [22/Aug/2012:20:02:42] "GET /get/epub/9126 HTTP/1.1" 404 1336 "" "Stanza/3.2 iPhone OS/5.1.1/iPhone catalog/3.2"

I have no clue where to look further...
zeroday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Please read the sticky before posting in Development. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122042
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Since the windows filesystem is case insensitive and linux is case sensitive that will be the source of your problems. In general sharing a library between windows and linux is fragile. Stick to one OS for a given library.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #4
zeroday
zeroday began at the beginning.

Device: ipad-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Since the windows filesystem is case insensitive and linux is case sensitive that will be the source of your problems. In general sharing a library between windows and linux is fragile. Stick to one OS for a given library.
That tip did it ..

Question: what is the best way and easiest way to update the pathnames?
I had to modify a folder from Various Artist to Various artist in one of the files (cause 99 other artists where written correct)

I managed it with an SQLite editor, but due to some triggers in the books part the update section is very hard (remove and reinsert the trigger).
zeroday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:27 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I suggest you simply use a case insensitive filesystem in linux, mounted on the directory you copy your library to. There are a number of FUSE based solutions.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre-server, error 404