Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-26-2011, 11:12 AM   #1
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Thinking of trying to make some deep fried ice cream?

Hey has anyone had any luck making deep fried ice cream? I was thinking of making some tonight..... I was looking at the recipes and some said to coat them in bran flakes and the others said corn flakes.....Has anyone tried both types?

I know it sounds really bad but if you look at the recipe your actually just frying the outside that has the crispy coating on it, I heard about if from a friend who went vacationing down in Cuba for a few weeks, and that was the dessert of choice, so they ate a lot of it.

I know it's probably really bad for you and fattening but what the hell, one serving isn't going to make me fat, I think it can be justified by exercise and healthy eating on other days so........Anyone want to take the chance and try making some too? Come on Beppe I know you want too
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Don't try this at home. You will end up in a burn ward if you put hard frozen icecream into hot oil at home. Go to your fave Mexican restaurant, have a margarita with chips and salsa. Then order fried ice cream. And the waiters clean up the sticky mess afterward.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2011, 11:44 AM   #3
The Cod Father
Enthusiast
The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: KOBO. Kobo Aura
Here's a little help . In the past I have worked at a Tex/Mex restaurant in Northern Ontario and one of the best desserts we had was Deep Fried Ice cream. To make our version we used to use CRUSHED Frosted Flake's cereal with a sprinkle of sugar and cinamon. Portion off your ice cream and form it into a ball and return it to the freezer to firm up from handling . Next roll it in the coating mixture to form a even coating . Make sure that your oil is up to temperature and is deep enough to float your ice cream ball so it dosen't stick to the bottom ( Don't ask !!!!) . The trick is to only leave it in the hot oil long enough to caramelize the sugars in the cereal and form a shell ( we're talking a duration of seconds ,not minutes) .Remove from the hot oil and place in the serving dish and cover in whipped cream cinamon and sprinkles and top with a cherry . Enjoy

The Cod Father,
The Cod Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #4
raac
Zealot
raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950
Try a baked alaska. It's hard to get it right, but wonderful when you do!
raac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:21 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cod Father View Post
Here's a little help . In the past I have worked at a Tex/Mex restaurant in Northern Ontario and one of the best desserts we had was Deep Fried Ice cream. To make our version we used to use CRUSHED Frosted Flake's cereal with a sprinkle of sugar and cinamon. Portion off your ice cream and form it into a ball and return it to the freezer to firm up from handling . Next roll it in the coating mixture to form a even coating . Make sure that your oil is up to temperature and is deep enough to float your ice cream ball so it dosen't stick to the bottom ( Don't ask !!!!) . The trick is to only leave it in the hot oil long enough to caramelize the sugars in the cereal and form a shell ( we're talking a duration of seconds ,not minutes) .Remove from the hot oil and place in the serving dish and cover in whipped cream cinamon and sprinkles and top with a cherry . Enjoy

The Cod Father,

Oh! My aching diet! That made my mouth water!!!
Advert
Old 03-26-2011, 02:18 PM   #6
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Oh! My aching diet! That made my mouth water!!!
I didn't read that recipe either....
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:22 PM   #7
DixieGal
Hi There!

Cinnamon syrup over that crunchy ball of vanilla ice cream is nature's perfect food. If donuts and chocolate pudding had a love child, it would be fried ice cream!
Old 03-26-2011, 09:42 PM   #8
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Well I made it.......Didn't really work though, while it was refreezing if burst and spread out across the plate it was on, and the topping wasn't that good either. So next time I see it on a menu I guess I'll order some.

Last edited by The Terminator; 04-02-2011 at 10:26 PM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:12 PM   #9
DixieGal
Hi There!

You really need to eat it half drunk and with your mouth burning from salsa anyway. It's best like that!
Old 03-26-2011, 10:20 PM   #10
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
wait, don't they use dry ice to make fried ice cream?
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:23 AM   #11
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
wait, don't they use dry ice to make fried ice cream?
I think that's only if you don't have a commercial grade freezer handy... Which I guess would be the case for most households.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:22 PM   #12
The Cod Father
Enthusiast
The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: KOBO. Kobo Aura
Raac,

Bakes Alaska isn't that hard just remember 3 things ,1) Make your merangue fresh and use enough of it to act as insulation 2) Use a solid piece of sheet cake to act as a base to sit the ice cream on before you put it on the baking tray
3) Make sure that your oven is hot enough before you put the Baked Alaska into the heat .

For a more dramatic presentation you can spritz the merangue with brandy just before you serve it and bring it to the table flambe'.

TCF
The Cod Father is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a terminator production, fried icecream, liquid eyeliner