Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-05-2009, 10:41 AM   #1
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Images in lrf files on the Sony Reader

I'm very sure somebody's already discussed this somewhere in here, but I think I've missed it while searching. Basically, I have one or two books which feature tables, images and the like that I've converted from mobipocket to lrf using Calibre. The tables and images all invariably convert to a very small size - like maybe a quarter of the width of the screen of my Sony Reader. Seeing the tables isn't absolutely essential, or the pictures either, in a larger size, but it would be nice if I could see the book closer to the way it was perhaps intended to appear. I'm assuming, mind you, that this is because of something that happens during the conversion rather than something not quite right in the original design of the ebook versions of the books concerned.

I haven't really messed around too much with Calibre's default settings because I really don't have a clue what it's all about. I can change the font size and the white space around the borders, and that's it.
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:00 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Images in LRF are rescaled to fit the SONY reader 6" screen.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert