Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-08-2008, 04:28 AM   #1
knives of ice
knives of ice began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
editing filenames that have been emailed to you

is there any way to edit the filenames that are sent to you after emailing them to kindle.com ? for instance when i email my pdf files to kindle when they show up on my device there is no way to edit the author, filename, etc that i can see which is what i'd like to do.

knives of ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:33 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knives of ice View Post
is there any way to edit the filenames that are sent to you after emailing them to kindle.com ? for instance when i email my pdf files to kindle when they show up on my device there is no way to edit the author, filename, etc that i can see which is what i'd like to do.

You can certainly edit the file name. Just connect the device via USB and use Explorer / Finder to rename the file. However, this probably won't change what shows up on the Kindle book list... it reads that from inside the file. You could use mobi2mobi if you wanted to change that.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert