Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #16
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Thanks for the bargains on this thread. And the discussions, which are even more fun.

FYI on the Reading Recommendations board, I just started a thread on Darker Regency Romances a la Mary Balogh, Mary Jo Putney, Jo Beverley, etc. So if you have any suggestions for what I call "screwed-up Regencies," please post there.
Critteranne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #17
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
For those of you who haven't tried Kresley Cole's IAD series do not miss today's Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Deal of the Day

This is the first full length book in the series.

A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark #2) by Kresley Cole $1.99

Quote:
A mythic warrior who'll stop at nothing to possess her . . .

After enduring years of torture from the vampire horde, Lachlain MacRieve, leader of the Lykae Clan, is enraged to find the predestined mate he's waited millennia for is a vampire. Or partly one. This Emmaline is a small, ethereal half Valkyrie/half vampire, who somehow begins to soothe the fury burning within him.

A vampire captured by her wildest fantasy . . .

Sheltered Emmaline Troy finally sets out to uncover the truth about her deceased parents -- until a powerful Lykae claims her as his mate and forces her back to his ancestral Scottish castle. There, her fear of the Lykae -- and their notorious dark desires -- ebbs as he begins a slow, wicked seduction to sate her own dark cravings.

An all-consuming desire . . .

Yet when an ancient evil from her past resurfaces, will their desire deepen into a love that can bring a proud warrior to his knees and turn a gentle beauty into the fighter she was born to be?
But start with the first novella. It's one of the few novellas that has ever sucked me right into a series.

The Warlord Wants Forever (IAD #1) $0.99

Quote:
The Warlord Wants Forever…the sensually charged novella that started it all, now with an exclusive excerpt from MacRieve!
In this scorching series opener, #1 New York Times bestseller Kresley Cole introduces the captivating Immortals After Dark Series. The ebook also includes an exclusive extended excerpt from MacRieve, the highly anticipated next installment in the series.

The Warlord

Nikolai Wroth, a ruthless vampire general, will stop at nothing to find his Bride, the one woman who can “blood” him, making his heart beat and filling him with strength. Coldly interested only in the power his Bride will bring, he can hardly believe when Myst the Coveted awakens him body—and soul.

The Seductress

Famed throughout the world as the most beautiful Valkyrie, Myst has devoted her life to protecting a magical jewel and to fighting the vampires.Wroth provides her with the perfect opportunity to torment her sworn enemy—for with his new heartbeat comes a consuming sexual desire that can only be slaked by her. Denying him, she flees, struggling to forget his searing, possessive kiss.

The Hunt is on…

She eludes him for five years, but he has finally chased her to ground and stolen her enchanted jewel, giving him absolute power over her. Now that she’s his for the taking, he intends to make her experience first-hand the agonizing, unending lust she subjected him to for half a decade. Yet when Nikolai realizes he wants far more than vengeance from Myst and frees her, will she come back to him?
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
For those of you who haven't tried Kresley Cole's IAD series do not miss today's Kindle Sci-Fi / Fantasy Deal of the Day

This is the first full length book in the series.

A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark #2) by Kresley Cole $1.99
We were just talking about this series.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:40 PM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nothing in the slush pile today That's unusual for this time of month but seeing it all fell on a weekend I am expecting things to pick up tomorrow.

So what did you buy this week? Any good book titles you want to share with us?
Old 06-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I think I did okay for being broke this week.
  • Souls Aflame by Patricia Hagan
  • Lady of Fire by Janeen O'Kerry
  • A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole
  • D.J.s Angel by Lori Handeland
  • Shadow Lover by Lori Handeland
  • Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh (Audible)
  • Duchess in Love by Eloisa James (Audible)
Advert
Old 06-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #21
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Nothing in the slush pile today That's unusual for this time of month but seeing it all fell on a weekend I am expecting things to pick up tomorrow.

So what did you buy this week? Any good book titles you want to share with us?
I was bad this week, I blame it on Kobo, and Amazon, and you guys!
J/K, I am thrilled with all my great buys this week. Just about everything was $1ish except the new Lux book which I didn't even know was coming out, but had to have right away.

Sweet Thing – Renee Carlino
How to Kill a Rock Star – Tiffanie Debartolo
Extreme Love – Abby Niles
Fix You – Mari Carr
My Side – Tara Brown
Everything Changes – Shey Stahl
The Exception to the Rule – Beth Rinyu
Books1-5 Nightwalker – Jacquelyn Frank
Tell Me You Want Me – Amelia James
Inevitable – Angela Graham
Cursive – Phoebe Lane
Strangley Normal – Tess Oliver
Obsession [Lux 3.5] – Jennifer Armentrout
Because of You – T. Sivec
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #22
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
I was bad this week, I blame it on Kobo, and Amazon, and you guys!
J/K, I am thrilled with all my great buys this week. Just about everything was $1ish except the new Lux book which I didn't even know was coming out, but had to have right away.
Compared to last week I'd say we did good.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #23
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
YOU did, I actually spent about the same but got a few more, so I'm ok with that.

BTW, I officially move 'How to Kill a Rockstar' by Tiffanie DeBartolo to best book I read so far this year. As a huge music lover, it just resonated with me on a lot of levels and her writing is brilliant. Yep, it made me cry [a few times], but also made me LOL, clutch my chest, gasp, and well, I think you get the idea. So far best read of 2013 for me.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:50 PM   #24
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
YOU did, I actually spent about the same but got a few more, so I'm ok with that.

BTW, I officially move 'How to Kill a Rockstar' by Tiffanie DeBartolo to best book I read so far this year. As a huge music lover, it just resonated with me on a lot of levels and her writing is brilliant. Yep, it made me cry [a few times], but also made me LOL, clutch my chest, gasp, and well, I think you get the idea. So far best read of 2013 for me.
I'm in line at the library for it but I already know the big climatic spoiler. I read it by accident on a review.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #25
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Yes, I did way better than last week :

Blown Away by Cheryl Douglas
Good for You by Tammara Webber
Granta Book of the African Short Story by Helon Habila (Editor)
Lit! by Tony Reinke
Montana Sky Christmas by Debra Holland
Off Sides by Sawyer Bennett
Stormy Montana Sky by Debra Holland
Sweet Grapes by Jean & Michael Carter
Sweet Thing by Renee Carlino
The Firebird by Susanna Kearsley
There is No Light in Darkness by Claire Contreras
Under the Covers by Rebecca Zanetti

These all came to only $17.16

What am I really excited about? Just about everything, especially The Firebird (for only $1.96 - steal, steal, steal!), the Granta book (I've wanted it for a long time but it was too way pricey for my liking) and Under the Covers (I enjoyed the first book [Against the Wall] in the series [Maverick Montana], and had to get this one). I'm also happy to finally own Good for You; it was a Lendle loan when I first read it.

On another note, I'm now on to book 4 in the Psy-Changeling series and I officially don't want to read anything else ... yet
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #26
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

You're killing me here! It's not at any of my Overdrive libraries so it's either wait for it to get there or wait for another big Kobo code

Quote:
I'm in line at the library for it but I already know the big climatic spoiler. I read it by accident on a review.
I hate when that happens
Old 06-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #27
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post

Blown Away by Cheryl Douglas
Good for You by Tammara Webber
Granta Book of the African Short Story by Helon Habila (Editor)
Lit! by Tony Reinke
Montana Sky Christmas by Debra Holland
Off Sides by Sawyer Bennett
Stormy Montana Sky by Debra Holland
Sweet Grapes by Jean & Michael Carter
Sweet Thing by Renee Carlino
The Firebird by Susanna Kearsley
There is No Light in Darkness by Claire Contreras
Under the Covers by Rebecca Zanetti

What am I really excited about? Just about everything, especially The Firebird (for only $1.96 - steal, steal, steal!), the Granta book (I've wanted it for a long time but it was too way pricey for my liking) and Under the Covers (I enjoyed the first book [Against the Wall] in the series [Maverick Montana], and had to get this one). I'm also happy to finally own Good for You; it was a Lendle loan when I first read it.

On another note, I'm now on to book 4 in the Psy-Changeling series and I officially don't want to read anything else ... yet
I liked Tamara Webbers books even though they're mostly YA. I moved Sawyer Bennett way up on my TBR list today too. I think you will enjoy Sweet Thing, and I'm quite sure you will really enjoy There is No Light in Darkness. You're gonna yell at me again but I bought a few Susanna Kearsley books quite a long time ago and haven't read even 1 of them yet. On a side note, to stop you from yelling at me [], I did go through my TBR list and put the Read Recommended ones in there so hopefully I will tend not to forget them as easily. [btw, most of the RR ones are yours! ]
Old 06-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #28
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:

Yes last week we all went hog wild. I'm still on book two of the Psy-Changeling. Yesterday I didn't have much reading time. I spent the day rearranging the bedroom. We got those blackout curtains I had on my wishlist since forever. It's made a huge difference in temperature which means better sleep. It was near 90F here yesterday. I'm feeling a bit under the weather today so I don't know if I will do much reading. I'm liking book two so far, Vaughn is so yummy!
Old 06-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #29
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
You're killing me here! It's not at any of my Overdrive libraries so it's either wait for it to get there or wait for another big Kobo code

:
You should email your library and ask them to purchase it. Alot of times they will buy something if they know there is a demand for it.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #30
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
You're gonna yell at me again but I bought a few Susanna Kearsley books quite a long time ago and haven't read even 1 of them yet. On a side note, to stop you from yelling at me [], I did go through my TBR list and put the Read Recommended ones in there so hopefully I will tend not to forget them as easily. [btw, most of the RR ones are yours! ]
Well, I won't yell at you for Susanna Kearsley because I've yet to read her ... but I now own five of her books

I have something similar to your RR but I call it Next Up; the only problem is I hardly ever check there when I go for something to read

Quote:
Yes last week we all went hog wild. I'm still on book two of the Psy-Changeling. Yesterday I didn't have much reading time. I spent the day rearranging the bedroom. We got those blackout curtains I had on my wishlist since forever. It's made a huge difference in temperature which means better sleep. It was near 90F here yesterday. I'm feeling a bit under the weather today so I don't know if I will do much reading. I'm liking book two so far, Vaughn is so yummy!
Yes, Vaughn is yummy, lol. Now that I've completed book 3 my mind is all over the place wondering if the Ghost is really who I think it is. I suppose it's way too early to speculate but I can't help myself!

Quote:
You should email your library and ask them to purchase it. Alot of times they will buy something if they know there is a demand for it.
I used to do that all the time; I had links to catalog suggestion forms for all my libraries but I lost them when I deleted some of my bookmarks in error (and they weren't backed up ). With the new library format I never bothered to figure it out but I really should.