Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #1
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
WiFi Bug?

Not sure if this is intended behavior / functionality or a bug with the Aura HD. If I disable WiFi, the next time I enable it the Aura does not automatically join me to the last connected WiFi network. So when I'm at home, using my own WiFi network, I must enter my password every time I want to enable WiFi.

Is this SOP for all Kobo devices??

93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Not sure if this is intended behavior / functionality or a bug with the Aura HD. If I disable WiFi, the next time I enable it the Aura does not automatically join me to the last connected WiFi network. So when I'm at home, using my own WiFi network, I must enter my password every time I want to enable WiFi.

That is not how my Glo behaves, I disable and reenable wifi often but I have never had to re-enter my password.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #3
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
For the smaller Glo, once I check the box to enable WiFi, I then have to go into Settings, WiFi Connection and click on "Connect" under Networks. So far it has saved my password though, even through one firmware update.

I have read that for others the password needs to be re-entered at times, it doesn't always reliably save it. I might be inclined to never use the WiFi again if it meant re-entering a 63 character alpha/numberic password more than once.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #4
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This has to be a bug with the Aura, as under Settings -->WiFi Connection there is a statement - "Whenever you connect to a network, it becomes a known network. These networks are automatically used to connect to the Internet when they are in range." This has not been my experience thus far....
Old 04-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #5
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
This has to be a bug with the Aura, as under Settings -->WiFi Connection there is a statement - "Whenever you connect to a network, it becomes a known network. These networks are automatically used to connect to the Internet when they are in range." This has not been my experience thus far....
Well I stand corrected! Just disabled WiFi, and tried to see if going to the Kobo bookstore would force it to connect to a known network. This is exactly what happened!!

But it would be nice to have some visual confirmation of exactly what network I'm connected to....
Advert
Old 04-29-2013, 08:53 PM   #6
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Just tell it to connect to your router without entering a pass word even if pass word is requested. Should work.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:09 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:

Mine does not behave like this at all. Both at home and at work mine automatically connects to WiFi once it's enabled just like any other device I have.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:42 PM   #8
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
I believe if you make a "false move" it will delete an already saved network. Most people don't do it, so they don't have this issue...but I remember it coming up as a problem for a few people when the Glo was new.

It happpened to me twice, then I learned to stop doing the "false move". I believe it was something like, if it doesn't connect right away hitting back or edit network or maybe trying to readd a network if it doesn't come up right away and then cancelling. something weird anyway. Sorry I can't be more helpful, but it's hard to replicate the situation since mine always finds my network now...
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:44 PM   #9
crankypants
Hmm.
crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crankypants ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android 4.2 Google Play Reader
I'm having the same problem with my Aura H2O. This is the second time I connected to wifi, and it asked me for my password which I already entered into the Kobo the first time. I checked the password, which is correct, but I kept getting an error.

I have the most updated Kobo software, at least I did 3 weeks ago.
crankypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:09 AM   #10
CmplxAdSys
Enthusiast
CmplxAdSys began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
This has been a long-standing, but occasional, problem with my H2O as well. Every few months, seemingly at random, it forgets my home network (the only network it connects to). I then re-enter the password, and all's right with the world for a few months.

I haven't noticed any pattern as to why this occurs, though.
CmplxAdSys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:21 AM   #11
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmplxAdSys View Post
This has been a long-standing, but occasional, problem with my H2O as well. Every few months, seemingly at random, it forgets my home network (the only network it connects to). I then re-enter the password, and all's right with the world for a few months.

I haven't noticed any pattern as to why this occurs, though.
Power outage? That is the only thing I can think of.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote