Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #1
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Exclamation Show location on device?

Is there a way to get Calibre to show the location of a book on a device when said device is plugged in? I know it'll tell me that the books are on the device but I'm not seeing an easy way to see their location.

Long story short, last night instead of updating 150 books with the proper information I accidentally updated almost 800 books with the wrong information. Luckily, possibly, the way I store my books on my Nook the location would give me the information I need to fix them but with just over 3000 books currently on my Nook I'd rather not have to search for them manually. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Beth

Edit: I'm currently using v9.22
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookJunkieLI View Post
Is there a way to get Calibre to show the location of a book on a device when said device is plugged in? I know it'll tell me that the books are on the device but I'm not seeing an easy way to see their location.

Long story short, last night instead of updating 150 books with the proper information I accidentally updated almost 800 books with the wrong information. Luckily, possibly, the way I store my books on my Nook the location would give me the information I need to fix them but with just over 3000 books currently on my Nook I'd rather not have to search for them manually. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Beth

Edit: I'm currently using v9.22
I thought this info used to be available in Device/Card A views, but I no longer see it.

So...
A round about way (Be very careful to NOT to complete the task)

Select a few books (1-5 is good):
Right-click on the selection: Remove Books: Remove Matching Books from Device: The Location (Path) is in the last column in the list

be sure to CANCEL
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #3
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Thanks for the suggestion but I was looking for a way to be able to see the location and edit the metadata at the same time.

I ended up creating a temporary library that I copied all of the affected files into, deleted them from the original library and then, since I saw that I'd screwed up all the genres from A to E, copied those genres from my Nook to the temp library with a specific tag called DEVICE so I knew which files to delete and which ones to keep. Then I just just ported the fixed files back into the original library.
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:15 AM   #4
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I thought this info used to be available in Device/Card A views, but I no longer see it.
I can see it o.k. - are you sure you have "Path" set to display in the "Book Details" pane ?

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Red face Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
I can see it o.k. - are you sure you have "Path" set to display in the "Book Details" pane ?

BobC
Right you are
I had it turned off
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert