Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #1
Joebill
Fanatic
Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel
Thinking about getting one for my sister, need some info

Hello,

I was thinking of buying a Sony PRS-300RC for one of my sisters.

I looked over the Bestbuy page, and I don't see any info on a charger, except as a $30 accessory.

Does it use the USB cable, like my Astak does, for charaging, or does the Sony require a separate charger ?

Thanks.
Joebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
It charges via the USB cable. However, you can't read and charge at the same time that way, whereas you can with an external charger. People have been using chargers meant for the Sony PSP successfully -- do a forum search for "PSP" and you should find all the details.

Don't forget to include a copy of Calibre.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:55 PM   #3
sandeepp
sandeepp began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Ezreader
Yep, it used the USB cable for charging. You can get an A/C charger from ebay for like less than $8 if you want rapid charging. Apparently, it seems Sony PSP charger also works just fine.
sandeepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:04 PM   #4
Joebill
Fanatic
Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel
Thanks !
Joebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:02 PM   #5
sandeepp
sandeepp began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Ezreader
Got my blue prs-300.....so so cute...and the display rocks! Pretty portable too....now the quest for good books begins...I guess Calibre can keep me busy with the news until then :P
sandeepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:29 AM   #6
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I actually bought this cable. The fun part is, that it has a normal USB port on one side an a mini-USB and a power plug on the other. I can use the same cable to update my PRS-300 and if I want to charge only I just use the other plug. I also had some cheap USB charger where this cable can plug in quite nicely. So, whether I want to charge (via USB or net) or want to synch, it is just one cable.

The price? I paid about €4 for it. The charger came with some other device, but can be picked up for €1-2 in some stores.

I really like this cable...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charger, prs-300rc