Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-22-2013, 12:12 AM   #1
topper0764
topper0764 doesn't littertopper0764 doesn't littertopper0764 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle pw
Ssh over wifi tweak

Need help from expert here

I have ssh over wifi install on my pw

On every kindle restart I have to enable it using ;un , possible to made it permanent enable on every restart without using ;un

Also on sleep mode device will not wake up using ssh , anyway to made device wake up without open the cover ?
topper0764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:25 AM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by topper0764 View Post

On every kindle restart I have to enable it using ;un , possible to made it permanent enable on every restart without using ;un
Read the documentation. There's a file called README_FIRST.txt in the usbnet distribution which explains how to do this.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:01 AM   #3
topper0764

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Read the documentation. There's a file called README_FIRST.txt in the usbnet distribution which explains how to do this.
find the way to solve the first problem,
still look to make ssh wifi wake device up on sleep mode

thx
Old 03-22-2013, 01:53 AM   #4
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
hmm... So you want to wake up a device that is in a standy-state by running some sort of external stimulus?

Short answer would be No.

It's like trying to call someone when their phone is switched off. (and they are asleep).

Re actually waking the device ITSELF from an INTERNAL stimulus...
I looked at a few notes on using the internal rtc the other day (fruitlessly) but honestly I didn't manage a solution
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:00 AM   #5
topper0764

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
hmm... So you want to wake up a device that is in a standy-state by running some sort of external stimulus?

Short answer would be No.

It's like trying to call someone when their phone is switched off. (and they are asleep).

Re actually waking the device ITSELF from an INTERNAL stimulus...
I looked at a few notes on using the internal rtc the other day (fruitlessly) but honestly I didn't manage a solution
My iPad when cover is close can use ssh to access
Old 03-22-2013, 03:06 AM   #6
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Your ipad doesn't go into a very low power state then.

My mobile phone can ring when it's "Dimmed" not when it's turned off.

Try leaving your ipad next to the kindle for two weeks - open the covers... see which one doesn't work...

I bought a DX rather than an Ipad. Yay me.

Last edited by twobob; 03-22-2013 at 05:51 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:22 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This question belongs in the developers' forum. Moved.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:43 AM   #8
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
My iPad when cover is close can use ssh to access
So can a K4
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:44 AM   #9
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:

Also on sleep mode device will not wake up using ssh , anyway to made device wake up without open the cover ?
On a Kpw?
Short answer: No

The wifi unit is not powered when the device is in suspend mode.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote