Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
vike
vike began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Kindle Touch motherboard photo?

Hi all.

Was doing a screen repair on a Kindle Touch, and through some foolishness I managed to knock two components off the rear of the motherboard. Now, I can get access to parts and solder them on. But I don't know what they are.

So does someone have a Kindle Touch motherboard lying around they can snap some pics of for me? The region I'm after is the "back" (i.e. not the one totally loaded with RF shields and chips), where the display connector is, but obviously on the other side of the board to the display connector (it being on the front).

Would be greatly in your debt...
vike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #2
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
this may help:

http://www.zdnet.com/photos/cracking...h-2011/6331610

Last edited by yiming; 03-16-2013 at 09:38 AM.
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
vike

Yeah that's good. There's one photo, the second last one, which is almost perfect... except the bit of the board I want is out of focus :-) basically in the middle at the bottom, there is a tiny capacitor or resistor, and a larger resistor. I want to see the colour of the tiny one and the marking on the larger one

But that's great, thanks. Anything similar, anyone?

Last edited by vike; 03-16-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #4
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
same photos, but bigger.

http://www.techrepublic.com/photos/c...get-photo-roto
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:19 AM   #5
vike

Yeah, I found those Unfortunately still not enough detail. But if no one else can help I might contact the photographer and see if I can get a bigger original.