Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-31-2012, 06:02 AM   #1
Kate01zim
Kate01zim began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Chapter Breaks - show in Progress Bar

I have been trying for days now to find out how to display chapter breaks/markers in the Kindle Keyboard's Progress Bar. All I keep being told is that "the publisher can do this". Well, I am, or hope to be, the publisher.

I can create a simple Word file in 2003 or 2010, using Heading 1, which enables me to build a Table of Contents. I ensure there is a page break immediately at the end of the chapter. My .mobi builds, and the TOC does link to the approriate chapters.

But the progress bar shows no idication of the chapters.

I'm clearly missing some step somewhere, but at a complete loss to find out what I'm not doing correctly.

I really would appreciate help here please. Many thanks.

George.
Kate01zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:17 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate01zim View Post
I have been trying for days now to find out how to display chapter breaks/markers in the Kindle Keyboard's Progress Bar. All I keep being told is that "the publisher can do this". Well, I am, or hope to be, the publisher.

I can create a simple Word file in 2003 or 2010, using Heading 1, which enables me to build a Table of Contents. I ensure there is a page break immediately at the end of the chapter. My .mobi builds, and the TOC does link to the approriate chapters.

But the progress bar shows no idication of the chapters.

I'm clearly missing some step somewhere, but at a complete loss to find out what I'm not doing correctly.

I really would appreciate help here please. Many thanks.

George.
Was there any clues on the E-Book Formats, mobi forum here?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=168

It is a bit low on the main index page, you would not be the first to have missed its index entry.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2012, 06:44 AM   #3
Kate01zim
Kate01zim began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Apologies for being so thick, but I'm new here. Could you possibly give me a clue where to find it please? Subject perhaps, approx date? I've tried searching for "Chapter", but didn't see anything short of TOC issues.
Kate01zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:07 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Original content of this post removed after taking a tip from my boy dog.
My boy dog kick-starts his head each time after waking up.

Last edited by knc1; 05-31-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:07 AM   #5
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate01zim View Post
Apologies for being so thick, but I'm new here. Could you possibly give me a clue where to find it please? Subject perhaps, approx date? I've tried searching for "Chapter", but didn't see anything short of TOC issues.
Google:
mobi progress bar site:mobileread.com

Fifth hit:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=110232

Last edited by knc1; 05-31-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Advert