Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-21-2021, 12:00 PM   #1
MOJOJE
MOJOJE began at the beginning.

Device: none
Author Uppercase

I am trying to make all of my books show the author in title case. I did find the information below on the Calibre Help site. Can someone tell me how to set this up for Author? I know there is a tick box in the bulk update metadata for the title and I have been using that. It works great. I would like to have the author name in uppercase also.

Suppose you want to display the value of a field in upper case when that field is normally in title case. You can do this using template functions. For example, to display the title in upper case use the uppercase function, as in {title:uppercase()}. To display it in title case, use {title:titlecase()}.

Functions go into the format part of the template, after the : and before the first | or the closing } if no prefix/suffix is used. If you have both a format and a function reference, the function comes after a second :. Functions return the value of the column specified in the template, suitably modified.

The syntax for using functions is one of:

{lookup_name:function(arguments)}
{lookup_name:format:function(arguments)}
{lookup_name:function(arguments)|prefix|suffix}
{lookup_name:format:function(arguments)|prefix|suf fix}

It is hard for me to see the title or author unless they are both uppercase. If someone can help me with this it would be great!!!!!!

Thank you
MOJOJE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author, bulk edit metadata, uppercase