Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-26-2009, 11:24 PM   #1
Mallaur
Mallaur began at the beginning.

Device: prs 500 & prs 700
Anyway to display the clock while reading a book?

I had just bought a prs700 from a friend who did not like the contrast, he was using the PRS 505 while I was still using the 500 and the upgrade is wonderful for me.

The one thing that bothers me most is the lack of having the clock hack(displaying the clock in the lower right corner) that I had enjoyed on the prs500.

Anyone happen to have a idea to display the clock? I had looked in the settings but just has the option to set the time (only 24hr time, not 12am\pm?)

Thank you for any suggestions.
Mallaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:18 AM   #2
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
I could find no way to display the clock at all. I think the only purpose the clock serves is for synchronization -- that way the Sony ebook library program can know which file has been altered most recently.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2009, 08:35 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey View Post
I could find no way to display the clock at all. I think the only purpose the clock serves is for synchronization -- that way the Sony ebook library program can know which file has been altered most recently.
if you just want to see the clock, you can view it in the "settings" page (accessible from the home page). but i would also like to know if it's possible to display it while reading.

hopefully the dev community will soon have some great new 700 hacks for us.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote