Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 03-27-2020, 04:04 PM   #1
don_caviare
don_caviare began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Cannot start Calibre-server (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)

Hi all,
I've been following this tutorial, in the hope that I can set up my Calibre server to start up automatically at boot on my Raspberry Pi (running Raspbian Stretch). X libraries are installed.

It seems like the server fails to start...

Code:
● calibre-server.service - calibre content server
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/calibre-server.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2020-03-27 19:48:02 GMT; 6min ago
 Main PID: 29349 (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)

Mar 27 19:48:02 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started calibre content server.
Mar 27 19:48:02 raspberrypi systemd[1]: calibre-server.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=203/EXEC
Mar 27 19:48:02 raspberrypi systemd[1]: calibre-server.service: Unit entered failed state.
Mar 27 19:48:02 raspberrypi systemd[1]: calibre-server.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
This is my super-simple config:

Code:
[Unit]
Description=calibre content server
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=simple
User=pi
Group=pi
ExecStart=/opt/calibre/calibre-server "/media/pi/yarblup/booklibnew"

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
Any idea what the problem might be? Is the server failing to locate the library?
Things work fine when just using calibre-server in terminal.

All help appreciated!
don_caviare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:12 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That error means /opt/calibre/calibre-server doesn't exist or the user pi does not have permission to read/execute it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2020, 09:59 AM   #3
don_caviare
don_caviare began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That error means /opt/calibre/calibre-server doesn't exist or the user pi does not have permission to read/execute it.
Brilliant! Thanks Kovid. I kept double-checking my library path, and forgot to check my application path... *facepalm*
Turns out calibre-server was installed in /usr/bin/.

Eternal gratitude to you (and others) for developing this splendid software.
don_caviare is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre-server, service