Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-25-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
johnpoz
johnpoz is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle fire
send-to-kindle e-mail address not available

So just got my fire for xmas, working great so far. Got calibre right off the bat, got some great free books installed. Figured out how to view pictures and videos of my grand daughter, etc.

Even got a version of slingplayer mobile on it and working - simple google to how to get free version on it, etc.

But for some reason seems my kindle does not have an email address to be able send stuff with, which for example I would like to setup with calibre vs having to use usb cable.

johnpoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:09 PM   #2
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
You have to register the kindle to get the email address.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2011, 02:13 AM   #3
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
If you have it set up correct, going to the Docs tab on your fire will also show you your kindles emails address. You must not have bought your fire from amazon or been a prime member, otherwise that all would have been set up for you initially.

Last edited by salsaguy; 12-26-2011 at 02:14 AM. Reason: typeo
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:04 AM   #4
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When I looked at this post yesterday, there was no image. Looking today, I see that the device IS registered. I checked my Fires and one of them was listed with no email as well. Deregistering and re-registering the device solved the problem.

So, go to the manage your devices screen, copy the serial number, deregister, click register, paste in the serial number and register. You should be all set.

later...len!
Old 12-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #5
johnpoz

seems all I had to do was re register the same serial number, did not have deregister it at all.

Device is still not showing it though - odd, but it does get docs via the email address now, even thought the device does not show it.
Advert
Old 12-26-2011, 09:35 AM   #6
wizwor
Wizard

not 'deregistering' may be the reason for the confusion at amazon.com. i'd try that then look to see that you have no devices registered then re-register.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:28 PM   #7
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
I had the same problem, called amazon and they had me do the de/re register process from on the device itself.. no mrmorizing the serial... just click a button and then click another, easy as pie. And, the kindle's email address then did show up both on the device and on the amazon account device page.
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:32 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpoz View Post
So just got my fire for xmas, working great so far. Got calibre right off the bat, got some great free books installed. Figured out how to view pictures and videos of my grand daughter, etc.

Even got a version of slingplayer mobile on it and working - simple google to how to get free version on it, etc.

But for some reason seems my kindle does not have an email address to be able send stuff with, which for example I would like to setup with calibre vs having to use usb cable.

Do you see that line with the link at the bottom of your own image? It tells you to go to personal document settings to set up an email address to your kindle.

So, you need to do that.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:07 PM   #9
johnpoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Do you see that line with the link at the bottom of your own image? It tells you to go to personal document settings to set up an email address to your kindle.

So, you need to do that.
Sorry But NO! That is not what that link is for, that link is for setting email addresses that can send to your kindle.

I got it working on the website with register of serial, but still not showing on device so going to try the de/re register on the device to see if that clears it up on the device.

edit: yup that worked -- click on device to deregister, then click again to register put in my amazon account and now showing kindle email address on device.

Thanks /closethread

Last edited by johnpoz; 12-27-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:42 AM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpoz View Post
Sorry But NO! That is not what that link is for, that link is for setting email addresses that can send to your kindle.

I got it working on the website with register of serial, but still not showing on device so going to try the de/re register on the device to see if that clears it up on the device.

Guess I don't know what you mean. There is only 1 email address for your kindle. It is the one you use to send documents to it. So, that link is exactly for setting that address. At least that is what the email address you are pointing to in your image is for.

That said, I'm glad you got it sorted.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote