Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-09-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
terraskye
Groupie
terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Mine:Kindle 3(wifi)Sony PRS-300(died)His: Sony Prs-300
Question wallpaper change?

Can you change the wallpaper on the Kindle Keyboards? Not that I mind the bookcovers but I'd love to have a picture of my own choosing on there too

TIA
Fiona
terraskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:37 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
The screensavers change each time you put the Kindle to sleep. If you get the Special Offers version, the screensavers are ads. For some Kindles, there have been hacks developed to let you put your own graphics on for screensavers.

The screensavers are not book covers.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2011, 10:45 PM   #3
terraskye
Groupie
terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.terraskye knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
The screensavers change each time you put the Kindle to sleep. If you get the Special Offers version, the screensavers are ads. For some Kindles, there have been hacks developed to let you put your own graphics on for screensavers.

The screensavers are not book covers.
I dont have the special offers one...that would totally irritate me but some of the screensaver that my kindle does have I just dont care for lol

Debating on if i want to risk a hack as i have a extended warranty on mine which would probably void

Thanks
Old 10-09-2011, 11:34 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I love the screensavers on the special offers kindle.
Some are really pretty compared to the regular screensavers of the K4. I got a peek at them when I reset my first K4 to factory and it wouldn't turn off. I have to say the SO screensavers are much nicer than the regular ones on the K4.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:37 PM   #5
terraskye
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I love the screensavers on the special offers kindle.
Some are really pretty compared to the regular screensavers of the K4. I got a peek at them when I reset my first K4 to factory and it wouldn't turn off. I have to say the SO screensavers are much nicer than the regular ones on the K4.
could you post a picture of what one looks like? this in case I end up also buying a K4 down the roads...but then again I wonder if being in Canada will effect that
Advert
Old 10-09-2011, 11:48 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraskye View Post
could you post a picture of what one looks like? this in case I end up also buying a K4 down the roads...but then again I wonder if being in Canada will effect that
No special ads version in Canada but so you get the regular ones. Someone posted some pics of them let me see if I can find the post.

They are better then the dead authors! Anything is better than those scary people!

Edit: Found the post!

Last edited by Blossom; 10-09-2011 at 11:51 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:56 PM   #7
terraskye
Groupie

Quote:
No special ads version in Canada but so you get the regular ones. Someone posted some pics of them let me see if I can find the post.

They are better then the dead authors! Anything is better than those scary people!

Edit: Found the post!
Hey! those are way way better than dead authors lol I think I'm putting the K4 on my holiday wishlist. along with the new Sony T1 I'm gonna have a reader now for any book emergency

P.S. for the K4 are you referring to the one for 79$USD with the special offers screen?

Last edited by terraskye; 10-10-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:02 AM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Hey! those are way way better than dead authors lol I think I'm putting the K4 on my holiday wishlist. along with the new Sony T1 I'm gonna have a reader now for any book emergency
That's what I am doing too! K3, K4 and a T1

Here's are two of the Special offers one. They had a cool headphone one but when the offers change you get new screensavers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sosc1.JPG
Views:	275
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	77548   Click image for larger version

Name:	sosc2.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	77549  
Old 10-10-2011, 12:03 AM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
P.S. for the K4 are you referring to the one for 79$USD with the special offers screen?
The one I have is the $79, the one for CA is $109 version.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:08 AM   #10
terraskye
Groupie

Quote:
The one I have is the $79, the one for CA is $109 version.

Sweet!! I'm so happy that i bought the k3 yesterday..since my sony 300 died I have been re-reading all my actual books while my TBR list just grew and grew.

I think have three will work out nicely as I have no plans to do any drm stripping so I can have the best of both worlds with epubs and the mobi formats. I also plan on upgrading hubbys e-reader soon too. though he isn't fussy about the keyboard on the k3 he may like the k4 better

Thanks again for the help
Old 10-10-2011, 12:26 AM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Sweet!! I'm so happy that i bought the k3 yesterday..since my sony 300 died I have been re-reading all my actual books while my TBR list just grew and grew.

I think have three will work out nicely as I have no plans to do any drm stripping so I can have the best of both worlds with epubs and the mobi formats. I also plan on upgrading hubbys e-reader soon too. though he isn't fussy about the keyboard on the k3 he may like the k4 better

Thanks again for the help
I am getting a T1 because you can download library books directly by passing the computer. I love my K4... it's so dainty.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:18 AM   #12
Kubizo
Connoisseur
Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Kindle 3 B008 3.1
Hi terraskye, you sure can change them.

Some genius guys on this forum (NiLuJe, Yifan Lu and others) have worked hard to make it possible. Because the procedure was a little complicated (especially for people who are not very expert about computers), I "packaged" their work into a little program that does the work for you. Just follow the on-screen instructions and you'll install the custom screensavers on your Kindle. Here is the link:

http://www.kubizo.com/changing-kindle-screensaver.php

Enjoy your new screensavers! :-)
Kubizo is offline   Reply With Quote