Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-20-2011, 07:48 AM   #1
cliffhanger
cliffhanger began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Thumbs up Gadgets

Hi all you ebook readers.just downloaded a book from Amazon by Nial Ferguson. I just might get around to reading it. Its my first download.
Mighty cute little gadget that Kindle for $189
Not satisfied enough with that i went out and got a new HTC Desire
Now i have a headache from working out how to use my gadgets.
cliffhanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:03 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2011, 08:11 AM   #3
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I have a saying that if it takes you more than an hour to learn to use all of your gagets than you bought the wrong gaget. I have had various smart phones over the years including blackberries and they have all taken me approximatly fifteen minutes per gaget to learn to use. I have no prior experience with the kindle but my Libra Pro took me five minutes to learn to use that. If it takes you mroe then fifteen to twenty to learn to use the kindle then you bought the wrong reader.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:06 AM   #4
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:46 PM   #5
Shazza
Addict
Shazza doesn't litterShazza doesn't litterShazza doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 - 3G & Wifi iphone
Welcome Cliff, thanks for dropping over...

they are cute little gadgets, and fun too! You will soon learn.
Shazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2011, 01:19 PM   #6
Sandra Edwards
Queen of Procrastination
Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2, K3, Fire
Welcome to MR! Have fun learning about your new gadgets :-)

Sandy
Sandra Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:35 PM   #7
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:12 AM   #8
cliffhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
I have a saying that if it takes you more than an hour to learn to use all of your gagets than you bought the wrong gaget. I have had various smart phones over the years including blackberries and they have all taken me approximatly fifteen minutes per gaget to learn to use. I have no prior experience with the kindle but my Libra Pro took me five minutes to learn to use that. If it takes you mroe then fifteen to twenty to learn to use the kindle then you bought the wrong reader.
The kindle was easy the HTC was a little more complicated as it had a lot more applications but i have mastered it in 19 minutes and 27 seconds.
Maybe you should publish a book on your sayings.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:15 AM   #9
cliffhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
Hello and welcome to MR!!!
One persons crap is anothers desert especialy for flys
Old 01-21-2011, 08:31 AM   #10
cliffhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Makes me wonder why there are hundreds of pages on the internet to help you work these gadgets if they are so easy.Maybe your smarter than the rest of us.