Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 03-01-2021, 05:57 AM   #1
n3ssi3
n3ssi3 began at the beginning.

Device: linuxserver/calibre
Only Calibre-Server is slow

Hi there,

I am using https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/calibre hosted on my home server.

Opening http://localIP:8080 in the browser takes up to 5 min for the UI to load. About every second reload I get a timeout.
The same happens on Readarr when trying to connect to calibre-sever API.

However, it is super fast when I mount the drive directly on my MacBook and open the calibre app on my Mac. The only issue is, that now all changes I do in the calibre app are not updated when using the API.

Is there a way to optimize calibre-server?
Could I disable the whole calibre GUI and only use the API for readarr?
And have the whole manual editing done using the mounted drive (as clearly using the web-GUI is not working for me)?

Thank you
n3ssi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 06:56 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is nothing slow about the calibre server. Run it locally on your laptop and check for yoursef. If its slow from the server, then there are issues either on the server or the network between the server and your computer.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:24 PM   #3
n3ssi3
n3ssi3 began at the beginning.

Device: linuxserver/calibre
I have Plex, Sonarr, Radarr, Readarr, Calibre,... all running on the same server.
I can stream plex, import movie files, ect all jobs are running (normally) fast.
So I don't think it is a network or CPU issue.

http://localIP:8081/ajax/books/books
Has a TTFB of 2.1min and Content Download of 869.27ms

As a comparison Radarr :
TTFB 20.53ms and Content Download at 1.3ms
n3ssi3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre-server