Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-02-2014, 08:42 PM   #1
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD, kindle paperwhite
64 gb sdcard

Hi to all,

I was wondering if I could use a 64gb sd card on my Kobo Glo.

Has anyone tried it? Do I need to format it in a specific way (fat32 instead of exfat for example) for it to work?

Thank you for your help

François
fxp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:52 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
No, only up to 32GB is supported. No e-ink reader can read a 64GB card.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2014, 11:35 PM   #3
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Why do you think 64GB would be needed?
If anyone has filled 32GB card please tell us how many books it took to fill the card.

As of February 2013, Project Gutenberg claimed over 42,000 items in its collection.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:34 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
In another thread where a similar question was asked, it was pointed out that a 200 page graphic novel was over 100MB in size. A few of those will add up quickly.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:57 AM   #5
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Hi,

Thank you for your answers... it avoids my spending 45 euro in something not working.

I was hoping a two partitions of 32gb was an option, though...

@Filmo: kobo can read pdf files, and if I use it instead of my computer... I am definitely above 32gb and my eyes thank me
It also becomes very useful since I installed android: better pdf viewer, and a real file explorer.

Thanks again.

François
Advert
Old 02-03-2014, 06:06 AM   #6
fxp33
Addict

A japanese seem to say it would work...google translation
japanese original version
Old 02-03-2014, 04:00 PM   #7
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxp33 View Post
Hi to all,

I was wondering if I could use a 64gb sd card on my Kobo Glo.

Has anyone tried it? Do I need to format it in a specific way (fat32 instead of exfat for example) for it to work?

Thank you for your help

François
Well if you have one you can always try it. You maybe surprised if it works, it may not. So I suggest go for it, if you have a 64 gb card lying around

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:41 AM   #8
dalamario
Enthusiast
dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: KOBO Aura HD, KOBO Aura One
On my aura HD, 64GB microSD works fine formatted to fat32. But I don't know if the SD reader is different on the GLO.
Kobo firmware can handle it at least on aura HD.
dalamario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:45 AM   #9
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalamario View Post
On my aura HD, 64GB microSD works fine formatted to fat32.
Which brand?
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:51 AM   #10
dalamario
Enthusiast
dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.dalamario has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: KOBO Aura HD, KOBO Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayo View Post
Which brand?
SanDisk ultra micro sdxc 64gb.
dalamario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:56 PM   #11
fxp33
Addict

Hi to all,

Yesssss !!

Works absolutely fine for me too: samsung microSDXC formated to FAT32.

Great !

Thanks a lot.

François
Old 02-04-2014, 09:48 PM   #12
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
I have been reading windows will not format 64GB SD card to fat 32 but other formatters will.
How are you successfully formatting SD card to fat 32?

Last edited by filmo; 02-04-2014 at 09:51 PM. Reason: ?
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:26 PM   #13
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Don'tcha just love it when people tell you that you absolutely can't do something, and then you find out that you can! ;-)
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:59 PM   #14
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
I have been reading windows will not format 64GB SD card to fat 32 but other formatters will.
How are you successfully formatting SD card to fat 32?
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:37 AM   #15
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
So for those who are using a 64GB card, the reader is reporting that it sees 64GB?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote