Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-18-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
oh boy Oberon!

I have been lusting after the Oberon covers for the Kindle, and well, pretty much anything since I first saw them. eventually I want a Kindle cover, but I got a Medge long before I had heard of Oberon and cannot justify the expense right now. however,! I am always with a tablet for work and needed a tablet cover. I really didn't care for the tablet covers Oberon offers, so decdied to call them. I rattled off a few of the covers that I really liked, and well, for $5 extra, you can see the finished product! I ordered it Monday and got it yesterday! what a wonderful company to do business with!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oberon.jpg
Views:	901
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	36078  
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:37 AM   #2
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Gees, that's one nice looking cover!
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2009, 11:59 AM   #3
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
thanks! I've already gotten many compliments on it!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:43 AM   #4
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
+1. Beautiful. How much do they cost? Leather M-Edge ones are around $45.

Aside from the nice pattern what is the difference? I have a feeling it is one of those things that needs to be seen in person to truly be appreciated. (just like Kindles!)
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:55 AM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Here is their site. Many colors, and excellent customer service. Made proudly in the USA.

http://www.oberondesign.com/about/default.php
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2009, 02:18 PM   #6
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
Thanks for the link desertgrandma. His stuff is indeed beautiful. I'll keep that in the back of my mind.

I just received my Patagonia case yesterday. It is secure and very rugged. Reading the naked K2, I was worried that its slick, rounded design meant I would surely drop it one day. So I bought the Patagonia one.

I'm not so sure I'm willing to give up that protection, but I may splurge one day to get one of these. They seem to handily outclass the M-Edge ones. (as they should for nearly double the money.)
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:41 PM   #7
tejohn
tejohn began at the beginning.

Device: none
This will be most likely my first kindle accessory!
tejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:31 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I just ordered "The Tree of Life," with corners for my Kindle 2.

I'm actually thinking of ordering a second, but different cover as well.

This will be shipping from my father's house and then to Peru.

Does anyone else have this particular cover?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:47 PM   #9
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I just ordered "The Tree of Life," with corners for my Kindle 2.

I'm actually thinking of ordering a second, but different cover as well.

This will be shipping from my father's house and then to Peru.

Does anyone else have this particular cover?

Don
On the kindleboards forum, many people have put pictures and comments about the various covers from oberon. I had a green world tree for kindle one. Still thinking about it for k2. Love the color and the celtic design. Beautiful covers. Give the kindle a wonderful book feel.
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:29 PM   #10
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
If Oberon would switch to the hinge, I would buy one in a second. My K2 feels so secure in the m-edge case with the hinge that I hate to go back to the straps only.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:52 PM   #11
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
You can remove the hinge from the Amazon cover and insert it into the Oberon covers - I read that yesterday on kindleboards - there is even a thread with pictures! But I havent heard of any problems with the straps or velcro either.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:32 PM   #12
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Oooh, that is gorgeous Krisk! I have the exact same cover, with my Kindle inside it. I bought the one that was the right size (large journal? I forget) before they actually had this cover as a Kindle design. Glued some elastic in there, and my Kindle 2 enjoys the protection of a red twisty tree!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #13
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
It's beautiful and I've been resisting getting an Oberon in red.

The Oberon cover is bulkier than I personally wanted for my Kindle but I own an Oberon large 3 ring organizer which I use for work. Absolutely love it and it gets a lot of compliments.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:13 AM   #14
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I was surprised by the bulk, but in my rough and tumble lifestyle, it is a good home for it!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:40 AM   #15
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Oberon sent an e-mail on Nov. 30th saying my Roof of Heaven shipped via UPS. Since they didn't provide a UPS tracking number, I'm going to call tomorrow to see where what's up.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 12-06-2009 at 10:50 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote