Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-09-2024, 08:27 AM   #61
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Do you by any chance have the better hyphenation dictionary installed on the HD or 2E?
Ah, I never knew there was one. Please provide pointers were one can obtain it.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 08:41 AM   #62
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Likely so, yes. I have a Pixel 7 with a very nice camera. But I only ever point and shoot with it.
Camera Raw photos will be uncompressed and unenhanced.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 09:28 AM   #63
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
I like the screen on the 2E better then that of the HD (from the photos).

I don't know for sure. We need good photos of the Clara BW vs the Clara 2E.
Not only from the photos. I've had both of them and Clara 2E was a real improvement in white background. Clara Colour has already a greyer background, quite similar to Clara HD, but I'm liking the color a lot.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 10:17 AM   #64
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I don't tend to use the light on my readers, so I guess this is not for me. Maybe a good job they didn't have any in stock when I went to Argos a few days ago.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 11:21 AM   #65
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Did you shoot at F16?
Wait... Ansel did Black and White , did he ever shoot in color?

I lent my Ansel Adams HB years ago and it never was returned
I knew I should have gone with Annie Leibovitz!
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 11:23 AM   #66
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
Assuming that the used ebook AND the used font/font-size AND the used firmware on those 3 devices are exactly the same, I notice that every device uses a different hyphenation schema for the visualization. Which is odd.
Quote:
Do you by any chance have the better hyphenation dictionary installed on the HD or 2E?
I do on the HD and maybe on the 2E. For sure not on the Color. Still, two are one way and one is not and I still was unable to match any of them with the others.
Old 05-09-2024, 11:30 AM   #67
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Not only from the photos. I've had both of them and Clara 2E was a real improvement in white background. Clara Colour has already a greyer background, quite similar to Clara HD, but I'm liking the color a lot.
Your experience matches mine.

I always leave the light on at some level (higher in brightly lit situations, darker in the evening).

Though I have not read on it yet myself, the Color really doesn't look too bad with the light on. Maybe about even with my HD? Considering it is using a screen two generations newer, it is a step down. But not the disaster it could have been.

Having said that, if my HD took a dirt nap, I'd buy myself the BW. That device feels like a steal. It has everything good the 2E has and is cheaper.
Old 05-09-2024, 01:32 PM   #68
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Your experience matches mine.

I always leave the light on at some level (higher in brightly lit situations, darker in the evening).
Me too, my clara color has the same level than my 2E as I copied the conf file.

Quote:
Though I have not read on it yet myself, the Color really doesn't look too bad with the light on. Maybe about even with my HD? Considering it is using a screen two generations newer, it is a step down. But not the disaster it could have been.
Yes, it's a step down but I'm enjoying the color details a lot, so it's ok for me.

Having said that, if my HD took a dirt nap, I'd buy myself the BW. That device feels like a steal. It has everything good the 2E has and is cheaper.[/QUOTE]
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 02:00 PM   #69
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrChiper View Post
Ah, I never knew there was one. Please provide pointers were one can obtain it.
There are hyphenation dictionaries for US-EN, FR, HU, DE, and ES.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=252405
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 10:26 AM   #70
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I knew I should have gone with Annie Leibovitz!
I had to Google your reference

I mostly did grab shots of people (or things) . The subject was by accidentally being in the right place at the right time with my gear ready to use.

Ansel was insane, waiting hours / days for that perfect light. (and his work was brilliantly great because of that)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 10:47 AM   #71
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I had to Google your reference

I mostly did grab shots of people (or things) . The subject was by accidentally being in the right place at the right time with my gear ready to use.

Ansel was insane, waiting hours / days for that perfect light. (and his work was brilliantly great because of that)
And when we used to use film, you would go through rolls and rolls of film and consider yourself lucky if you got one or two good pics out of them.
Apache
Old 05-10-2024, 12:00 PM   #72
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
And when we used to use film, you would go through rolls and rolls of film and consider yourself lucky if you got one or two good pics out of them.
Apache
Been there, done that, have thousands of ho-hum slides and 2 good ones.
I used to develop and mount my own Ektachrome. I started that after I had a couple of my first rolls come back looking like the wet film was dropped the floor (Cigarette ashes, dirt and hair in the emulsion layer)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 06:27 AM   #73
Apache
Readaholic

Quote:
Been there, done that, have thousands of ho-hum slides and 2 good ones.
I used to develop and mount my own Ektachrome. I started that after I had a couple of my first rolls come back looking like the wet film was dropped the floor (Cigarette ashes, dirt and hair in the emulsion layer)
I used to and still take a lot of macro photos. The lenes were quite expensive and phones can do most of the same thing. Most of the macro pics I take nowadays is of jewelry and a phone with camera raw works great.
Apache
Old 05-11-2024, 12:01 PM   #74
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Anyone else here used Cibachrome to print slides to paper?
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote