Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
kylliancole
kylliancole began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for Android app
Automatic Convert and Automatic Add not working together

I'm using Calibre version 0.8.63 on a PC. I am using the option to auto-add from a folder as well as the option to auto-convert to mobi. Whenever I put books that are already in mobi format into the folder that I have selected to auto-add from, the mobi books do not get added to the Calibre library. They just stay in the folder. Other formats add properly from the folder and then convert automatically with no problems. I've tried searching the forums and the manual and wasn't able to find anything. Is anyone else having this problem? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.
kylliancole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:11 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylliancole View Post
I'm using Calibre version 0.8.63 on a PC. I am using the option to auto-add from a folder as well as the option to auto-convert to mobi. Whenever I put books that are already in mobi format into the folder that I have selected to auto-add from, the mobi books do not get added to the Calibre library. They just stay in the folder. Other formats add properly from the folder and then convert automatically with no problems. I've tried searching the forums and the manual and wasn't able to find anything. Is anyone else having this problem? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.
Did you tick the "check for duplicates" box in the Adding Books: Auto Add configuration?
When ticked, it is supposed to Ask you what to do (I assume the default is Ignore duplicates).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #3
kylliancole
kylliancole began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for Android app
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Did you tick the "check for duplicates" box in the Adding Books: Auto Add configuration?
When ticked, it is supposed to Ask you what to do (I assume the default is Ignore duplicates).
I've tried it both ways. It doesn't make a difference. If the file is already in the format it's supposed to auto-convert to, it doesn't add the file. Thanks for the suggestion.
kylliancole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:57 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Works for me, I tried:

1) Set output format to MOBI
2) Tick the auto convert checkbox
3) Copy a mobi file to the auto add directory
4) The file was added

Run calibre in debug mode (right click the rpeferences button) and you might get some useful output.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote