Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-26-2019, 03:06 PM   #1
ShortNet
Connoisseur
ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (all flavors from 1 thru Oasis)
Change in Kindle Book Order Emails

Has anyone noticed a change in Kindle emails over the weekend? Instead of giving the book title in the subject line and the email containing the cover of the book (with title, author, and publisher), instead the email now only contains the price information and the Order number.

Two things are wrong with this:
A) Emails can no longer be used to check on the publisher. I did this because of the Penguin Random house awards for ebooks purchased. As there are multiple people buying on the account this made it easy to claim the correct books (for every 12 books you get a credit worth up to $30).

B) You can no longer use the email to search by title/author for items purchased. I have had items disappear from my 'my kindle' page and used the emails to prove that yes, I had actually purchased said item. Now I'm not sure how you would prove it.
ShortNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 04:01 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
My emails still have the cover. Never had the author, at least not that I remember.

Why should you need to prove that you bought something? Back up your purchases, then you don't have to worry that something's going to disappear. I haven't looked at my Amazon content page in years. No idea if anything's missing there, and wouldn't care if there was. I keep the copies of all my books elsewhere.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2019, 04:12 PM   #3
ShortNet
Connoisseur
ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good to know that your emails still have the title and cover - hopefully it is a temporary change.
I do back up (Calibre is my friend). However, it is still easier to just redownload an item when needed from Amazon rather than going to the backup and pulling it over.
When I did justify the books I bought it was because Amazon had pulled and then put back the book, but lost the information that I had bought it. It was a pain, but customer service did figure it out finally. With this new email structure I wouldn't have been able to prove it.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:20 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNet View Post
When I did justify the books I bought it was because Amazon had pulled and then put back the book, but lost the information that I had bought it. It was a pain, but customer service did figure it out finally. With this new email structure I wouldn't have been able to prove it.
Do they really pull books from people's accounts? Last I checked they left the purchased copies alone, even when they removed a book from the store. But that was years ago, so they may have changed their ways. Generally I don't download anything directly at all, so no idea what the policy in such cases is nowadays.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:41 PM   #5
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Has anyone noticed a change in Kindle emails over the weekend? Instead of giving the book title in the subject line and the email containing the cover of the book (with title, author, and publisher), instead the email now only contains the price information and the Order number.

Two things are wrong with this:
A) Emails can no longer be used to check on the publisher. I did this because of the Penguin Random house awards for ebooks purchased. As there are multiple people buying on the account this made it easy to claim the correct books (for every 12 books you get a credit worth up to $30).

B) You can no longer use the email to search by title/author for items purchased. I have had items disappear from my 'my kindle' page and used the emails to prove that yes, I had actually purchased said item. Now I'm not sure how you would prove it.
Yes! I am having this issue. The first one I received like this was on August 22nd. I just received another with the book I just purchased a few minutes ago. I actually Googled to try to find out what the heck is going on, and found this thread.

It's bad enough no longer being able to see the book cover in the email to jog my memory of what books I bought... but it's ridiculous that the email no longer even contains the title or author or any indication what the book actually is!

I have previously used my saved emails to search for books I bought. I also kept them separated with freebies in a separate folder, because I am trying to at least read the books for which I paid money.

I hope this is just a temporary glitch. I too like to have saved proof of the books I purchased. If they don't fix this, I will probably consider only borrowing books from the library rather than purchasing from Amazon. I am that annoyed over it.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2019, 10:43 PM   #6
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Do they really pull books from people's accounts? Last I checked they left the purchased copies alone, even when they removed a book from the store. But that was years ago, so they may have changed their ways. Generally I don't download anything directly at all, so no idea what the policy in such cases is nowadays.
There have been plenty of reports, over the years, of Amazon deleting people's accounts, and then not allowing them access to their purchases. I believe the customers involved eventually gained access... but it helped that they had their own proof of their purchases!
Old 08-27-2019, 04:26 PM   #7
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
My emails also changed. They no longer contain title, author, or any info that readily tells me which purchase this applies to! Grrrrr.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 12:07 PM   #8
ShortNet
Connoisseur

FYI - it appears the emails changed back!

As of September 6 Amazon digital order emails are back to showing the Book title in both the subject and body.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:53 PM   #9
blue_skies
Evangelist

Quote:
FYI - it appears the emails changed back!

As of September 6 Amazon digital order emails are back to showing the Book title in both the subject and body.
Same here. After several Kindle books for which I received emails which had no title, author, cover picture or anything... the purchase email I received for the book I ordered on September 6 was back to normal.

I hope it will remain like that. (I've thought about asking customer service if they can resend the emails that were messed up so I can have a record of the titles and covers. I may still do that, though I'm a bit worried it will result in me being charged again.)
Old 09-10-2019, 04:35 PM   #10
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I noticed too, and am extremely glad!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 05:58 PM   #11
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
The emails I received did indeed have the title. It was just below the grand total.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote