Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-23-2011, 07:31 PM   #1
Looler
Looler began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Question eReader Storage Error

Exact message: There appears to be a problem with your eReaders internal storage. To fix the problem it is reccommended that you reset your device to factory defaults and follow the set up instructions to restore your books and account information.

Options: cancel, factory reset

The first time this message appeared I did the factory reset and the device froze. I couldn't turn it on/off, and the pin reset didn't work so I had to go replace it at my local store.

I don't want this to happen again so I've been pressing cancel.

I don't use Calibre and I always eject the device from the Kobo desktop app.

What could have caused this to happen? How do I fix it? Do I just have to wait for Kobo to release a new version (2.0.0)?

Last edited by Looler; 08-23-2011 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Left out information
Looler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:02 PM   #2
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=143121 is a useful thread to read with lots of suggestions.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2011, 01:46 AM   #3
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Or from the 79 posters in this thread http://getsatisfaction.com/kobo/topi...ice_in_one_day

No solution in sight yet but kobo are apparently working on it.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:55 AM   #4
Looler

Thanks for the links.
After looking into what others are saying, I seem to be the only one whos KT just stopped working completely. That's whats keeping me from doing the factory reset. I did try to sync the device using the kobo desktop app but it said I couldn't till I reset it. So I'm just going to wait it out and keep on pressing cancel.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:11 AM   #5
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
If it's really that bad, I'd see about getting an exchange or refund...
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #6
baggins
baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!baggins , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
He Looler,

you're not alone.
I had the same problem as well. After a factory reset because of the storage error, my device wouldn't connect to the computer. Pressing the little reset button made it go blank screen and die.

Unfortunately I don't live in Canada or the US so I can't simply go to the store and replace it. I had to send it to Kobo in Canada and am now waiting for a replacement.
baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:21 PM   #7
Looler

JD, I can no longer get an exchange or refund easily because my 14 days are up. There is the warranty but the most they'll do is probably replace it :|

Baggins, that really sucks. It's going to take about a week or two for you to get it back whereas I had 30 days to return/exchange because I had it shipped, and there's a store 10 minutes away from my house by car. So I got a new one immediately.

Tags
ereader problems, error, factory setting, kobo touch, storage