Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-22-2018, 10:54 PM   #1
tomx2
Connoisseur
tomx2 began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Note
Default location on device?

Is it possible to set the location that i want claibre to send books to? And is it possible to have claibre only search that particular folder (same setting)?

In other words, I would like to use the send to device option, however each time it searches my entire card (get list of books on device). This takes up to 30+ minutes before it even starts the send process. I would like to be able to set the default folder and restrict the "get list of books on device" search to the same folder if possible.

Thanks
Tom
tomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 10:58 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomx2 View Post
Is it possible to set the location that i want claibre to send books to? And is it possible to have claibre only search that particular folder (same setting)?

In other words, I would like to use the send to device option, however each time it searches my entire card (get list of books on device). This takes up to 30+ minutes before it even starts the send process. I would like to be able to set the default folder and restrict the "get list of books on device" search to the same folder if possible.

Thanks
Tom
Once it completes, it is fast in the future.
JUST don't remove the 2 files in the root with calibre in their name

OTOH some device drivers allow a Literal part of the path (but the initial scan must complete) eg. \mybooks\{author_sort}\{title}
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:19 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Right click on the device and choose configure this device. There you can control what folders are scanned (atleast for MTP based devices, which are very slow to scan).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 10:06 AM   #4
tomx2
Connoisseur
tomx2 began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Note
Thanks guys. After setting "configure this device" i went from 30 minutes to 1 second!

- tom

Last edited by tomx2; 06-23-2018 at 01:15 PM.
tomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote