Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-05-2018, 07:26 AM   #1
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Reader For PC

Trying to sync my Sony PRS 350 I just bought from shopgoodwill (my third ereader purchased from this site so far ) and when I tried to sync it with Sony Reader for PC software I get a prompt that " You must first authorize the device before synching the content. Do you want to proceed?" However, clicking on yes doesn't lead to any results. Is there any other way to authorize my ereader to sync with Reader for PC?
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 07:39 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Run ADE 2.0.1 and then connect your 350 to the computer. You'll then be able to authorize it with ADE.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 08:40 AM   #3
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I already have A.D.E 3.0.9134 on my computer. Running it shows the books I've already transfered to the PRS-350 via calibre. However while trying to authorize leads to an error prompt. Bypassing A.D.E, I went to the adobe website to be sure my Adobe ID and password was correct and I was able to log in there. For now, I'll transfer books via Calibre since it appears the Sony Reader for PC is useless for transfering books.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:50 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D'Angelo View Post
I already have A.D.E 3.0.9134 on my computer. Running it shows the books I've already transfered to the PRS-350 via calibre. However while trying to authorize leads to an error prompt. Bypassing A.D.E, I went to the adobe website to be sure my Adobe ID and password was correct and I was able to log in there. For now, I'll transfer books via Calibre since it appears the Sony Reader for PC is useless for transfering books.
Sony Reader seems to work fine for my PRS-350. I think I may have had to update the 350's firmware (via Sony Reader) and then it automatically entered my ADE credentials ... or maybe I had to start with ADE, then went to Sony Reader? (Sorry, I use it so little, but Sony Reader should work with your 350.) Have you done a factory reset?

EDIT:
I may have all this wrong. Maybe the only I did with the Sony PC software was update the firmware. It looks like any attempt to see my library in Sony Reader results in a login error. From the Kobo software I can go through the motions of downloading a book, but it doesn't show up. I don't think Kobo is supplying the ePub versions of books (at least not all of them) any more. So, for me, I guess it's just Calibre and the Obok plugin. (Of course that may mean having some kind of Kobo, which I do.)

Last edited by rcentros; 05-06-2018 at 06:34 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:07 AM   #5
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
I never used the Sony Reader software and the direction is from PC to Sony - only.
The PC recognizes the Sony as a mass storage (one drive per memory) and via explorer I drag'n'drop the books onto the Sony.
After disconnection, the internal FW of the Sony takes care of the books I added and creates all the records it needs (thumbnails, various info etc.).
I never used calibre for this either.

Never had any issue in many years of use, T1, T2 or T3.

Only when the books are to be replaced (updated versions) one may have some issues, in particular when other items have been added, like handwritten notes. I therefore delete the books I intend to replace via it's own method, then drag'n'drop the new ones.

If the books are encrypted, I decrypt them before.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:08 PM   #6
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
I never used the Sony Reader software and the direction is from PC to Sony - only.
The PC recognizes the Sony as a mass storage (one drive per memory) and via explorer I drag'n'drop the books onto the Sony.
After disconnection, the internal FW of the Sony takes care of the books I added and creates all the records it needs (thumbnails, various info etc.).
I never used calibre for this either.

Never had any issue in many years of use, T1, T2 or T3.

Only when the books are to be replaced (updated versions) one may have some issues, in particular when other items have been added, like handwritten notes. I therefore delete the books I intend to replace via it's own method, then drag'n'drop the new ones.

If the books are encrypted, I decrypt them before.
Out of morbid curiosity (or stupidity) I decided to try synch my T1 with Reader for PC. The T1 was instantly recognized and began to synch. However, upon ejecting no books were actually transferred and the T1 froze. A soft reset cleared things up and decided to try it once again. In manual synch unchecked books and tried to synch audio to the T1. After 20 minutes had to eject since it seemed "stuck". Ejected and then tried the last time to synch only pictures. It worked and my black and white pictures look good on the T1. Don't think I'll try using the Reader for PC again as this experience reminded me why so many people hated this sony software in the first place.

Regarding your drag n drop method does this method work with picture and audio files on the T1?
Old 05-07-2018, 11:16 PM   #7
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Unfortunately I am no tech expert so I don't know what is causing your problems. However, I used a T1 for several years and have now been using a T3 for over a year and have not had the problems you described.

The only issue I've had with the T3 and Reader for PC is that every once in a while after syncing, the T3's home screen shows the correct books but if I try to open one or go to Bookshelves, it doesn't work (can't remember the error message I think it's something like "no book found"). However, when this happens I restart the reader and then the books are all there.

Also, occasionally right after I finish syncing Reader for PC decides to sync again on its own. I have no idea why this happens. After intentionally syncing once, I wait a few seconds before trying to eject so that in case it starts syncing I don't interrupt the process and cause errors.

Last edited by 4691mls; 05-07-2018 at 11:21 PM.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 08:55 PM   #8
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
. . .
EDIT: [/B] I may have all this wrong. Maybe the only I did with the Sony PC software was update the firmware. It looks like any attempt to see my library in Sony Reader results in a login error. From the Kobo software I can go through the motions of downloading a book, but it doesn't show up. I don't think Kobo is supplying the ePub versions of books (at least not all of them) any more. So, for me, I guess it's just Calibre and the Obok plugin. (Of course that may mean having some kind of Kobo, which I do.)
I also thought my Sony ebooks which transferred to Kobo weren't available on my PRS T-1. However, when I went to the second screen on the PRS T-1 the books showed up in the folder "Purchased Content."
Old 05-09-2018, 12:35 PM   #9
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D'Angelo View Post
ORegarding your drag n drop method does this method work with picture and audio files on the T1?
I never tested it, since I have and had no incentive (it will work only with T1, T2 and T3 dropped audio support).
I think it will work.

In fact, with the exception of "toys" that use specific/hidden access to them (like some SAT recorders), I never used the official provided tools.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote