Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-03-2023, 02:53 PM   #46
wold
Zealot
wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Lux 5, Libra 2, PRS-T2N
Quote:
- Not quite sure how we should build UUID, when from scratch... might be dependent from other fields ?
Why not keep it? It's a random ID string, that tries to provide an unique ID. Since you copy the annotations, might as well keep them. For syncing it can be useful, though outside PB Cloud I can't think of any using it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frapi View Post
Then copy back books.db on reader's /mnt/ext1/system/config/
(with a rooted reader it might be more convenient)
reboot
This can also be `/system/profiles/default/`, especially for recent devices.

Quote:
- books you want to add notes for MUST have been opened at least once on the reader (they are not listed in books table otherwise)
Good, don't get stuck re-creating the metadata. On firmware changes this might break.

I'd suggest letting the user selects a book title first. Then get its book OID. In `Items` there are rows that link the book OID with the actual annotation data in `Tags`. These `Item` rows need to be moved.
Next copy the related `Tags` rows over. No need to be specific about the TagID rows for each note, just copy them all.

One assumption is the source/target files are the same, otherwise annotation locations will mismatch.

It's a nice learning project. I could implement it for AVATeR with some GUI window, might even do so later.
wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 06:31 AM   #47
Frapi
Frapi began at the beginning.

Device: [PocketBook|Vivlio] Touch HD plus PB632
Pockebook Notes Export-Import prog released !

I've done a python prog to
- export bookmarks, notes and highlights from a pocketbook e-reader
- import into another pocketbook e-reader

Just released a first version, proven working between my 2 PB632s.

https://github.com/FrapiFrance/pocketbook-notes

As soon as you backup your books.db before, you can try it and restore if any issue. Please try and tell me here.

So far, you 'll need a python3 with simplejson, and that's it. will see for a binary packaging, I think it could be done for those without python (windows guys for instance ?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wold View Post
Why not keep it?
UUID are kept

Quote:
This can also be `/system/profiles/default/`, especially for recent devices.
OK, README updated

Quote:
I'd suggest letting the user selects a book title first.
Quote:
One assumption is the source/target files are the same, otherwise annotation locations will mismatch.
Don't care, as I do not handle books by themselves. Just take care of same author & title

Quote:
It's a nice learning project. I could implement it for AVATeR with some GUI window, might even do so later.
you may :-)
Frapi is offline   Reply With Quote