Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-03-2021, 03:55 PM   #16
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Never rely on Windows Updates for device drivers.

A rather painful lesson I learned years ago, after Update on my old XP machine kept trying to install the wrong ones and rendering somewhat important bits of my hardware (such as, you know, the display) unusable until booted into safe mode.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 01-03-2021 at 04:00 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 11:19 PM   #17
Blues
Blues began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Calibre operating, but not visable

Same thing here after updates, but solution is simpler than seems....
remove latest version and go back to previous version....
my windows 10 will not visually operate any version past 5 level versions....
and for what i need (conversions), I'm good.....
Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2024, 11:55 PM   #18
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues View Post
Same thing here after updates, but solution is simpler than seems....
remove latest version and go back to previous version....
my windows 10 will not visually operate any version past 5 level versions....
and for what i need (conversions), I'm good.....
if you have time to do some research, you might be able to do a Windows in-place upgrade... I've just recently upgraded from 19H2 to 21H1 and everything now is good enough - although I still miss win7.

edit: I should clarify that I never had problems starting Calibre. Well, except for this one time after the in-place upgrade, when a Calibre 7.x reinstall was sufficient

Last edited by Comfy.n; 02-24-2024 at 12:06 AM.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
docking station, driver, solved, windows 10