Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 11:41 PM   #1
DawnDawn88
Connoisseur
DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: amazon fire 5th gen
Question I need some help chhanging ebook titles with "Calibre".

Here is what I know so far. I know that ""Calibre" is to help edit and organize your ebooks.

Here is the problem that I am having.

(1) I have a few (GB) of ebooks and magazines stored on my laptop that I transfer to "Calibre" and I have then saved the unchanged ebooks and magazines to a (USB) through "Calibre".
Here's the question "Can I delete the original files from the laptop once I store them on a (USB) through "Calibre""

(2)I have a ebook called "Small Business Guide to Facebook Marketing" but the Title section calls it "zHp1vDmu" plus the Format is PDF and Path says click to open. I want to edit some of the information and change the name from "zHp1vDmu" to "Small Business Guide to Facebook Marketing".

Is there a way to do this because I have a bunch of files like this. And I was wondering if there is a simple way of changing the titles and editing the information without taking to much time. If this is possible please let me know thank you.

These are the (2) main problems that I am having with the program because I'm not sure on how to change the names of the ebooks.
Old 03-23-2019, 11:54 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
1. You can remove the original files once you have imported them into calibre.

2. See Editing the metadata of one book at a time. There is also "Editing the metadata of many books at a time".

You can also search in this forum for some advice on automating some renames such as using the file name to generate the title.
Advert
Old 03-24-2019, 12:15 AM   #3
DawnDawn88
Connoisseur
DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: amazon fire 5th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
1. You can remove the original files once you have imported them into calibre.

2. See Editing the metadata of one book at a time. There is also "Editing the metadata of many books at a time".

You can also search in this forum for some advice on automating some renames such as using the file name to generate the title.
At least with removing the original ebooks and magazines I can clear up some space on my laptop. and I think I will need to change the titles with the editing meta data area rather then the "Using file name to create title" after all the title is also the file name. So I think I will need to type each and every bad title and then rename each title. Which will be time consuming but there is a idea I have for that which I use to take recipes out of my older mail order magazines. "I use the speak feature in gmail on my android phone and I email myself recipes" I read it out loud and then once each recipe is down I send myself a email. That way it only takes me minutes in stead of hours of time writing down each recipe or typing each recipe.

So all I will have to do is the same but for the ebook names.

Plus I have another quick question. How do I make categories for the ebooks and magazines for example if I want a category called "How To" how would I make that a category? Would I use tags and the just name each tag by the category I want to put each book or magazine into.

*Plus I want to also organize from ebook to magazine. If this is possible how do I do this.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:46 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Dawn
DO NOT start many threads on the same topic. This has been answered on another thread
Moderator Notice
Thread closed
Closed Thread