Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-21-2018, 08:23 PM   #1
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Embassy of the Free Mind Milestone--2,151 Books and Manuscripts Digitized.

The Embassy of the Free Mind (The Embassy), located in Amsterdam, now has a total of 2,151 books and manuscripts digitized and available to the public.

They made this announcement in an email message that I got from them on the occasion of their one year anniversary, which was just a day or two ago.

The Embassy of The Free Mind is "a museum and platform for culture, music, art, science and spirituality" (Wikipedia).

The Embassy states the reason for their digitization project: "We are well aware that not everyone of our followers can make it to Amsterdam to visit us, which is why we started our Hermetically Open project to make our collection accessible worldwide."

If I understand correctly, The Embassy has a total of 27,402 books and manuscripts to be digitized. I do not know if the 2,151 already digitized are included in that number.

It appears that all, or almost all, of these books are old. Furthermore, it may be difficult to find a book in English. Most, not surprisingly, are probably in Dutch.

I don't know Dutch, but I am fascinated by old line art, and think that I'll really enjoy just "thumbing" through these books and admiring the pieces of line art that I come across. In other words, since I can't read (Dutch), I'll just look at the pictures.

ADDENDUM: When I went back to proofread this post, I noticed that I had given the untranslated Dutch version of the website. This is the English version.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 10-21-2018 at 08:41 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote