Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
Climber
Climber began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Unhappy Help duokan Open failed

Hi,

I was wonder someone could help with the duokan problem I'm having.
I installed Duokan successfully on my kindle however when
I downloaded a PDF from my local library it goes throughAdobe digital edition. (14 day loan)
I manually drag the PDF from that folder to the DK_document folder. I see the file in my screen however when I tried to open it, it keeps telling me open failed.

I know it probably have a password which the I don't know because its a library loan so how do I by pass this?

I tried the same method with a free book I downloaded there was no problem whatsoever .

Could someone offer a suggestion?

Thanks

Last edited by Climber; 01-19-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
The PDF you have is DRM protected, Duokan does not open those.

To be able to read it on your Kindle you have to “liberate” it first… (check the forum if you want to know more about i).

Best regards,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #3
Climber
Climber began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Thanks.... so far there are 3 methods of freeing DRM as I understand it?

using Adobe 6
use Python with ineptkey43.pyw + ineptepub41.pyw
use something called calibre?<--- How do one get this software into kindle?
I know it converts the DRM PFD then there is an upload option from desktop to ereader option. seems like its very easy.

Haven't tried any of the above yet as I am at work right now. Any suggestion as to which is the easiest choice?

Thanks.
Climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:33 PM   #4
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Calibre -- it is a free download. Install it on your computer, then Google Calibre plugins (Apprentice Alf, first post). Once you have the right one, you add it to Calibre by going to preferences/plugins. This will be explained in the txt file that accompanies the plugin. Sorry, cannot give more details on this forum, as it is forbidden to assist people in removing DRM. It is very, very easy though.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote