Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-22-2011, 11:37 AM   #1
adrian142
adrian142 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
iPad 2 not reckognized (via iTunes 10)

Hi,

I am having some trouble getting my books onto my iPad 2 with CALIBRE.

I think it has started after I updated iTunes to version 10. But I am not sure. Because mainly I read my books on my Kindle 3.

I think the connection is not established anymore when I click on "Connect/Share | iTunes". Nothing seems to happen.

Please help.

Best regards,
-Adrian
adrian142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Is iTunes already running at the time, or are you expecting Calibre to start it for you?

Calibre certainly works with the latest iTunes as I use that capaibility nearly every day.
itimpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2011, 05:09 AM   #3
adrian142
adrian142 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
It dos not work if iTunes is running and it dos not work if iTunes is not running.
Either way....
adrian142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:48 AM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Review the FAQ. If you've just updated to iTunes 10 and you have a large database of items, you need to let iTunes do an internal update of its database before calibre can communicate with it.

Start iTunes and wait until there are no active dialogs indicating iTunes update activity. Then start calibre.

If that doesn't work, review the FAQ, making sure all other settings are correct.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:56 AM   #5
John_F
John_F began at the beginning.

iPad Recognition by Calibre

Many thanks for all your help & advice re iPad recognition by Calibre. I was having a lot of trouble getting Calibre to recognise my iPad2 but after joining this site & looking at the FAQs it became quite simple.
Many thanks once again.
Kind regards,
John.
John_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 07:41 AM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_F View Post
Many thanks for all your help & advice re iPad recognition by Calibre. I was having a lot of trouble getting Calibre to recognise my iPad2 but after joining this site & looking at the FAQs it became quite simple
It might be worth mentioning where you had been going wrong in case others are experiencing the same issues?
itimpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:25 PM   #7
John_F
John_F began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
It might be worth mentioning where you had been going wrong in case others are experiencing the same issues?
No "Send to Device" logo was displayed on the Toolbar & if I tried to drag the file on to my iPad I got the message "(Path & bookname) does not seem to be a valid Podcast URL. Please check that you have entered the correct URL & try again." My laptop recognised my iPad as it showed all my iTunes & apps & sync'd these fine. Under Preferences, Interface, Toolbar I tried to select "Main toolbar when device is connected" & then dragged across the "Send to Device" logo but the "Apply" button was greyed out. I could not get this toolbar to appear on the main screen.
That's when I thought I should find a website which dealt with this problem. I looked in the forums & - Hey Presto - there were the answers in FAQs for iPad2 connection.
Many thanks, once again.
Kind regards,
John.
John_F is offline   Reply With Quote